• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2022-23 Free Agency Early Look

mmc

On 8/8/2022 at 10:56 AM, Trendon said:

No excuse for the Angels to not upgrade 1B next year.

Abreu, Bell, Belt, Mancini, and Rizzo all clear Walsh.

I think one of Bell or Mancini would be great actually as long as they're not too expensive. Both can play the OF and 1B. 

I think Angel's stick with Walsh 2021 an all-star and you get him for under 3 million. Healthy Rendon and bounce back year from Walsh plus breakout year for Adell. Lineup Rengifo, Ward, Trout, Rendon, Ohtani, Walsh, Adell, Fletcher and O'Hoppe. With help from Pujols and new owner 2023 looks very heavenly.

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I think one of Bell or Mancini would be great actually as long as they're not too expensive. Both can play the OF and 1B. 

Mancini is the better bet (only 31 in 2023), as Bell will get paid a lot by someone.

It is weird that after nothing but decent/solid career numbers through July, Mancini fell way off after the trade to the Cheaters.

And that was in spite of going from the stupid deep LF with the stupid high wall in Baltimore (overall .751 OPS in 2022 until the trade), to the cheap home runs for RHHs in Houston (.622 overall OPS after the trade).

The O’s version of Mancini would be a solid addition.   Remember that with ownership change, the smaller deals are more likely in 2023.

Did notice that Mancini has a mutual option for 2023.

Edited by Angel Oracle

4 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Mancini is the better bet, Bell will get paid a lot by someone.

I think Bell is ideal for this roster. Can fill in at 1st base and RF. Left field could be Adell and Moniak, Moniak could cover CF when Trout needs a day off or is DH. Right field could be a combination of Ward and Bell. Bell is also 1st base insurance if Walsh is hurt or sucks again. I think you would still want another Outfielder or 2 as depth in AAA that could step in for injuries in this instance. And not Magnerius or whatever other trash they tried in the OF this last season. 

I also do think Bell would be the ideal guy. he's a low strike out, high walk guy, can play mutiple positions. my biggest concern would be the lack of production in the 2nd half, something that has been a trend f9r him in his career. 

base salary for Bell for me would 16 mil per 4, maybe 5 years. 

Other name to consider would Rizzo or Abreu for a short term deal.

Personally I'd rather go with a Rizzo/Abreu than Bell. 

I wonder If the White Sox could potentially be an interesting trade partners. There have been rumors that they might not be resigning Abreu, do to having players out of.position. Wonder if this opens up a trade, for one those players that is poistionless.....and I am talking about Jimenez, who most at this moment believe to be a 1st/dh type of player.

7 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Now that we’re revisiting this thread two months later, my stance has changed a bit.

I’m not expecting the Angels to spend much money until the ownership change is final, so the Angels need to find value.

Instead of signing Bell or Mancini, which would wipe away $10M-$15M from your offseason budget, how about Wil Myers for like $5M-$8M?

Myers can play 1B/LF/RF, has a career 111 OPS+ and a 122 OPS+ over the last three seasons.

2 hours ago, Trendon said:

Now that we’re revisiting this thread two months later, my stance has changed a bit.

I’m not expecting the Angels to spend much money until the ownership change is final, so the Angels need to find value.

Instead of signing Bell or Mancini, which would wipe away $10M-$15M from your offseason budget, how about Wil Myers for like $5M-$8M?

Myers can play 1B/LF/RF, has a career 111 OPS+ and a 122 OPS+ over the last three seasons.

I could live with it.  Better than Duffy.  

i think there is a very weak market for myers, unless he goes on some kind of playoff tear. he's been available for years because of his albatross contract. i think the angels could easily get him next year, and i think he would be a good addition, but i don't think he'd do much if we added very little overall due to ownership flux. if he's part of a movement, then he looks better.