• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2022-23 Free Agency Early Look

mmc

8 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

DeGrom plans to opt out after this season.

Let's get DeGrom, Nimmo, Bogaerts, and Edwin Diaz!

F the budget.

no contracts over 3-4 years.  So no to the last three.  

I think Chapman is a rebound candidate.  he's trying to figure out how to pitch with less velo.  but it's still good velo.  

Pitching

Ace and Mid-Rotation arm

A. Rodon: I think he gets what Ray got last free agency: 5 years around 120 mil.  Othani, Rodon, Sandy, and Detmers looks like a solid top 4. 

B    Bassitt: 45 mil over 3 years: He's a solid #3 and will create more depth to this Rotation. 

Final: Othani, Rodon, Sandy, Bassitt, Detmers, 6th starter

Pros: creates depth in the staring rotation, with guy like Bachman, Bush, Silseth, Suarez..etc. 

Additionally, You can add one or two of these Depth pieces to the Bp to help. We've see how good Suarez has been in the Bp, and maybe Silseth's stuff plays out better in the Bp. Similar to what the Dodgers have done with May and Gonsolin .

Neg: It could be too Costly for Arte. Rodon's has been know to be injured prone, but it's a risk that I think we need to take, with the depth that we've developed. 

offense: 

Bell: 5 years 80 Mil. Probably an underrated player in the game. Doesn't strike out much, knows the strike zone and takes his walks, and with good power. Even if he regresses, I still beleive your getting a 270-280 guy, 340-360 OBP with 25 pops. 

Profar: Could be in that Zobrist type of Role. He's an Above Average player, that can play alot of positions and be back up in the Infield and outfield.  32 mil ofr 4 years

Final Lineup: Ward Rf, Trout Cf, Othani Dh, Rendon 3rd, Bell 1st, Rengifo 2nd, Adell lf, Profar SS, Stassi C 

Total Spent: About 63-70 Mil depending on the Price. But will Arte spend this much or will he stay cheap? Or will be waste the money on a guy like Judge???

20 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Pitching

Ace and Mid-Rotation arm

A. Rodon: I think he gets what Ray got last free agency: 5 years around 120 mil.  Othani, Rodon, Sandy, and Detmers looks like a solid top 4. 

B    Bassitt: 45 mil over 3 years: He's a solid #3 and will create more depth to this Rotation. 

Pros: creates depth in the staring rotation, with guy like Bachman, Bush, Silseth, Suarez..etc. 

Additionally, You can add one or two of these Depth pieces to the Bp to help. We've see how good Suarez has been in the Bp, and maybe Silseth's stuff plays out better in the Bp. Similar to what the Dodgers have done with May and Gonsolin .

Neg: It could be too Costly for Arte. Rodon's has been know to be injured prone, but it's a risk that I think we need to take, with the depth that we've developed. 

offense: 

Bell: 5 years 80 Mil. Probably an underrated player in the game. Doesn't strike out much, knows the strike zone and takes his walks, and with good power. Even if he regresses, I still beleive your getting a 270-280 guy, 340-360 OBP with 25 pops. 

Profar: Could be in that Zobrist type of Role. He's an Above Average player, that can play alot of positions and be back up in the Infield and outfield.  32 mil ofr 4 years

Final Lineup: Ward Rf, Trout Cf, Othani Dh, Rendon 3rd, Bell 1st, Rengifo 2nd, Adell lf, Profar SS, Stassi C 

Total Spent: About 63-70 Mil depending on the Price. But will Arte spend this much or will he stay cheap? Or will be waste the money on a guy like Judge???

Rodon has already exercised his player option, he won't be a free agent till after next year. 

I can see the Angels getting Bassitt though, that seems like a typical move.

I don't think Bell gets anywhere near that amount. 

Profar is not coming here either. Though I can see them taking their offensive budget and going after Trea Turner or Dansby Swanson.

28 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Pitching

Ace and Mid-Rotation arm

offense: 

Did you include Ohtani at 25 to 30 mill?

7 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Rodon has already exercised his player option, he won't be a free agent till after next year. 

Profar is not coming here either. Though I can see them taking their offensive budget and going after Trea Turner or Dansby Swanson.

Turner is going to get more than Seager 35 to 40 mill a year. He's not coming to Angels

4 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Turner is going to get more than Seager 35 to 40 mill a year. He's not coming to Angels

Maybe, but I'd figure him between Seager and Semien. Swanson makes more sense, and is younger and will be cheaper. I know they have minor league depth, but you can't count on it being ready at a certain point. Neto is still three years away from being a regular and possibly two years away from the show, Paris too. Jackson may be ready in 2023, but he wouldn't be a regular until 2024 or 2025.

As They clearly need to upgrade offense, what's your suggestion?

2 hours ago, Second Base said:

I have no idea why anyone here would believe Arte will increase payroll beyond previous levels to acquire talent, or that the talent actually wants to sign with the Angels. Nor should anyone have faith in an Angels GM making wise decisions in free agency. 

We've done this every off-season since 2015. We're battered wives thinking this time is going to be different.

7 minutes ago, Taylor said:

We've done this every off-season since 2015. We're battered wives going thinking this time is going to be different.

I think it's something worse than that. It's like the kid with deadbeat dad, thinking "if I just do this he'll be proud of me." Not understanding the brokenness has a different root cause. 

There's a path to victory here, but not through free agency.

5 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I think it's something worse than that. It's like the kid with deadbeat dad, thinking "if I just do this he'll be proud of me." Not understanding the brokenness has a different root cause. 

There's a path to victory here, but not through free agency.

On the short term, yeah, it is, there is no other path available in that window. 
You want even a chance at keeping Ohtani, the short window is all that matters. 

1 hour ago, Hubs said:

Incorrect.

Rodón exercised the ability to opt-out of his 2-year contract after this season. So, unless he gets hurt, he’ll opt-out and become a free agent this offseason.

7 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Incorrect.

Rodón exercised the ability to opt-out of his 2-year contract after this season. So, unless he gets hurt, he’ll opt-out and become a free agent this offseason.

Oh I guess I read it wrong. Thanks. Still his injury history scares me. Its multiple injuries, not one like Syndergaard had.

1 hour ago, Hubs said:

I might be wrong, but I beieve Rodon has the option to otp out of the contract after he exceeds 110 innings. Which he has. Unless I missed something, last I heard was that he would test the open market. 

49 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I have no idea why anyone here would believe Arte will increase payroll beyond previous levels to acquire talent, or that the talent actually wants to sign with the Angels. Nor should anyone have faith in an Angels GM making wise decisions in free agency. 

I agreed, but I can still dream......Proabaly should stop that too as this offseason will be repeat of the past several off seasons. 

24 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Keeping him isn't the path to victory, difficult is that is to admit. 

It could be, if Arte was willing to do what it takes.  In the end thats the real question, the only question, nd well have the answer soon enough assuming we dont already.

3 hours ago, Trendon said:

No excuse for the Angels to not upgrade 1B next year.

Abreu, Bell, Belt, Mancini, and Rizzo all clear Walsh.

Is it stupid to consider Ohtani at 1B? If he is in fact going to be locked up that might be better for the team than DH.

I know it adds to the injury risk. But I assume stealing bases is a bigger risk than playing 1B.