• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What keeps you watching the Angels in 2022? (Besides Ohtani)

m0nkey

9 hours ago, Justin said:

I still check AW on a daily basis but I rarely read the Gameday Threads. I turned 40 a couple of weeks ago. That's far too old to spend my time on something that no longer makes me happy. 

Shit, I'm almost 30 and I feel the same.  Still love baseball and watch a good amount but stopped watching these bums a while ago

When it's going good, I watch every single inning. Now? I definitely follow, but I only watch a game, maybe two a week. My son and I commiserate/follow together (have for years, he's too young to remember 2002). So that keeps me interested. Also, as others have said, it's what I've done for 40+ years.

I did watch last night to see some new blood. Unfortunately, I was treated to Gosselin and Rojas. 

Also. Moniak. I have a feeling he could be the sleeper of the trade deadline. 

I usually have the game on the TV, but as background more than anything. I'll stop and watch if there's runners on, but then quickly get pissed when the Angels don't score or when they give up runs on boneheaded plays.  

Like @Docwaukee my 9yo son is mildly interested in watching baseball (he loves to play it, at least I have that) so I try to make it as exciting as I can to him to keep him involved in the team. But yeah, it's tough whenever he watches a game, they lose. I can only hype up Trout and Ohtani so much. I try to make a point to have him watch Velazquez on defense. His best friend's last name is Walsh, so whenever Jared Walsh comes up I always let him know so he can watch (but then he strikes out). He liked Syndergaard because of his nickname and size, but now he's gone. I'm running out of ways to keep him watching. 

I love the Angels and will continue to do so, but this season has seriously taken much of the enjoyment out. So sad!

I mostly watch movies and sports on TV. Living in Canada it's all Toronto 24/7, 365 days a year. Even though I'm in Vancouver, thousands of miles away from the center of the the universe. I pay for all my sports now, just to have alternatives. 

NHL Center Ice, MLB Extra Innings, NFL Sunday Ticket. I get to watch the teams of my choice (Montreal Canadians, Angels, Forty Niners) plus whatever other games are of interest at any given time. It's not cheap, but I have an 85 inch TV and home theater with a nice projector, so it's cool watching sports that way. 

Watching the Angels, or any team in a steep downward trajectory, is like watching a soap opera. You lower your expectations, but also don't have any emotional angst about constant losing. And as underdogs sometimes there's some interest if they look like they may pull an upset. As well, there are individual players who tweak interest or curiosity. 

I went through an even more dramatic descent into hell watching the Montreal Canadiens this year. In 2021 they salvaged an average season with an amazing playoff run, all the way into the finals. They were big underdogs and lost in five games, but for that group it was a sort of career redemption. But this year, the nucleus of that team were either hurt all season, retired, traded, left in free agency or had bad seasons. They were terrible, tbe worst team in the league. The GM and coach were fired, the roster reshuffled. But they did end up with the number one draft pick overall and have solid new management in place, and are already putting smart plans into action. In a couple of years they should be young, up and coming. The owner has mostly stayed out of the decision making process. 

Kind of a parallel with the Angels in some ways. Also the Anaheim Ducks are in a similar rebuilding phase. 

Honestly..... nothing. 

I'm about ready to make my second favorite team (Padres) my priority. 

To be completely honest, I've been so enthusiastic and in love with the Angels (like we all are). Being called a "die hard fan" wouldn't justify the passion I have for this team.

I'm 28 years old and this team was the reason in 2012 I decided to create this account on Twitter. At the time @Chuckster70 and I had the same idea for a fan account (though AngelsWin was/is the OG). I built the platform on hoping we would have a radio segment on AM830 with extreme fan content/giveaways. I designed a phone app, held numerous interviews with Mota, Rojas and various players over the years and I'm at the point where i'm about ready to call it quits with this team. 

Watching this "Lather. Rinse. Repeat" type status with the Angels over the years has become too much of an emotional strain (literally).  

It doesn't matter who coaches, who the GM is or what major players we sign (Sorry Trout and Ohtani). This team will be completely F***** as long as Arte Moreno remains at the helm.

I might be overreacting, but i'm being honest. This organization is emotionally draining, stressful and a complete waste of time at this point.
The best option for them is to trade Ohtani and let him be free, tank for a top 3 draft pick, Arte to sell and then to discuss with Trout what he wants to do to win. If trade, then let him walk free.  

Thanks, Arte. 

What keeps me following Angels baseball this season?

Easy answer: It's Angels baseball. It begins nearly every year in February and usually ends before Oct. 1.

Stick with it long enough, you might get to follow the Angels as late as the first or even third week of October. In 61 seasons,  Angels baseball lasted one time until the very last day;

Several other times the Angels made it to the second week of October; it may happen again someday..

5 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I don't currently have a service that carries Angels games and I have no intention of paying for one.  They're my team and I'll always root for them but they're just not a product I will give my time or money to right now.

Funny enough... the one silver lining in all this is that I finally quit cable.

I only kept it all these years for the Angels. And I realized in the last year or so that I really only watch maybe 3 or 4 games a year on TV (I'm never home).

Then this year happened, and I realized I'm not even turning the game on when I'm home.

It's kind of depressing reading all these posts. The posters on the site are obviously diehards.... and even this group is "quitting".

And thebworst part is there's no reason to think things are going to get any better any time soon.... any time meaning the next 3 years or so.

We could go out this winter and spend a bunch of money .... and there will still be gaping holes.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

It’s hard to get excited about this team when you have Jose Rojas batting cleanup.

And that's just part of it.

You could still have Trout and Rendon in the lineup, with Ohtani... and there's still 6 other "Rojas clones" to watch throughout the game.

And like I mentioned in another post, it's a different Rojas every year, the past several.

Hard enough to follow mediocre to bad players. Even hard enough when they are swapped out for other crap every year.

1 hour ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Honestly..... nothing. 

I'm about ready to make my second favorite team (Padres) my priority. 

To be completely honest, I've been so enthusiastic and in love with the Angels (like we all are). Being called a "die hard fan" wouldn't justify the passion I have for this team.

I'm 28 years old and this team was the reason in 2012 I decided to create this account on Twitter. At the time @Chuckster70 and I had the same idea for a fan account (though AngelsWin was/is the OG). I built the platform on hoping we would have a radio segment on AM830 with extreme fan content/giveaways. I designed a phone app, held numerous interviews with Mota, Rojas and various players over the years and I'm at the point where i'm about ready to call it quits with this team. 

Watching this "Lather. Rinse. Repeat" type status with the Angels over the years has become too much of an emotional strain (literally).  

It doesn't matter who coaches, who the GM is or what major players we sign (Sorry Trout and Ohtani). This team will be completely F***** as long as Arte Moreno remains at the helm.

I might be overreacting, but i'm being honest. This organization is emotionally draining, stressful and a complete waste of time at this point.
The best option for them is to trade Ohtani and let him be free, tank for a top 3 draft pick, Arte to sell and then to discuss with Trout what he wants to do to win. If trade, then let him walk free.  

Thanks, Arte. 

Everyone's fandom is different.  If you want to spend your time following the Padres, that's your choice.  I say, do what makes you happy.  I mean that sincerely.  Baseball is supposed to be fun.

2 hours ago, cysomeawfulpitcher said:

TG is on thin ice for me but I find it strange he's telling others to lighten up considering his passive aggressive edgelord bullshit here lately.

It's like a HS club only their opinions matter and most know very little about baseball. Like to jump on other people's shit