• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

55 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Lilyhammer  This is an old 3 season mob comedy that got the typical Netflix axe.  The gist of the story is a mob guy, that gets overlooked for promotion, almost gets whacked, dog dies, he turns informant, and requests witness protection in Lilyhammer, Norway.  They pretty much go through every mob stereotype there is.  The comedy is more subdued.  And really a lot of the story line doesn't make sense, as they just pop story elements in and out.  But somehow it works, and was a fun 3 seasons to watch.  The downside is they left so many cliffhangers after season 3, that it's unfortunate it got the axe.

What happened to the spoiler?

I watched the entire show and liked it

And yes they should have continued it

The Tomorrow War - Amazon Prime

this is the new chris pratt movie. if you like time travel and fighting aliens, this movie is for you. the story is reasonably interesting but there weren't really many surprises in it.

i could see one of the amusement parks using this material as the basis of a new ride.

2 hours ago, Tank said:

started watching Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime. I'm about five episodes in and like it so far. The wife of Suleiman the terroist is sexy as can be, but so is Cathy, the girl Jack is chasing.

The action is good and the story is very believable.

Good show

32 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

It is a trap.  Amazon Prime only has S1 E1 and E2.  After that you have to watch on Epix.

I ran into that scenario on another series.

I’m having lunch with Amazon prime tomorrow so expect an announcement sometime soon.

Netflix:  Bad Blood  Another I'm late to the party show.  It's two seasons, not sure if it's cancelled or not.  But it's a pretty solid two seasons.  A ganster movie set in Canada.  Pretty bloody.  Pretty gangster.  A good one if you like that sort of show.

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Bad Blood  Another I'm late to the party show.  It's two seasons, not sure if it's cancelled or not.  But it's a pretty solid two seasons.  A ganster movie set in Canada.  Pretty bloody.  Pretty gangster.  A good one if you like that sort of show.

I keep wanting to get around this for a couple years now. Seems up my alley with a 7.5/10 on IMDB. I've even looked a little deeper on the web before and saw nothing good things about the show.

On 7/7/2021 at 7:21 PM, Tank said:

I found it on Amazon prime, too.

So I watched thirst two episodes of Condor tonight, and even though it clearly says the first two seasons are included with Prime, I can’t watch any more episodes unless I sign up for a trial with Epix. Not happy about this development.

Finished both seasons of Jack Ryan. S1>S2. S2 wasn’t quite as creative and seemed to settle into too much formula stuff. 

Spoiler

Was disappointed that Cathy was missing from S2, especially since she had an important role in one of the books. Plus, the actress who played her was pretty hot.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

So I watched thirst two episodes of Condor tonight, and even though it clearly says the first two seasons are included with Prime, I can’t watch any more episodes unless I sign up for a trial with Epix. Not happy about this development.

Sucker

6 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Correct on 2 points:

1. It's pretty good.

2. You're late to the party.