• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ A's (5/13/22 6:40 start): Silseth makes his debut, Ward back in the starting lineup

2 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I missed most of it (surprise surprise), how did Silseth look? I see the box score, but how did his stuff look?

Didn't waste any time between pitches. Worked really quick. FB is mid to upper 90's and he pairs it with certainly a plus splitter. The slider and curve were lagging though, but he only threw about 6 of those pitches total, so small sample size.

The upper 90's heat and the splitter combo is already a really exciting foundation. Hoping he can get more out of his slider or curve as he continues to develop as a starter

I missed most of it (surprise surprise), how did Silseth look? I see the box score, but how did his stuff look?

nasty.  I don't think he allowed a hard hit ball.  Didn't even have the slider working but his split change was as advertised.  Fastball was firm.  95-97.  I think he hit 98.  And he located it very well.  And just a bulldog on the mound.  

2 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Percy is the "closer of our hearts" because of 2002, but if I'm going with a single season, it's Bryan Harvey in 1991. Long time ago, I know, but he was filthy. I think he was a former softball player, or something like that.

Don't forget that Frankie set the single season save record in 2008.

62 saves in 69 opportunities. 

Just now, Dochalo said:

nasty.  I don't think he allowed a hard hit ball.  Didn't even have the slider working but his split change was as advertised.  Fastball was firm.  95-97.  I think he hit 98.  And he located it very well.  And just a bulldog on the mound.  

I caught two of his Ks. That high one to Andrus was nice. And I think he hit 97 on it.

Is everyone of the opinion he pitched that well, or was helped by Oakland havent having seen him yet?

I caught two of his Ks. That high one to Andrus was nice. And I think he hit 97 on it.

Is everyone of the opinion he pitched that well, or was helped by Oakland havent having seen him yet?

Yes.

Just now, ten ocho recon scout said:

It's definitely both, but the ump was absolute trash so it kind of evened out.

Just now, ten ocho recon scout said:

He has great stuff for sure. But yeah, the real test will be moving forward as other teams begin to figure him out. This game is all about adjustments.

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

He looked great but, yes, it is the A's who have a horrendous lineup so difficult to put a ton of stock into it. With that said, only allowing one single is fantastic regardless of the shitty team you are facing