• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Lets Go Mandon!

• Docwaukee changed the title to F Joe Maddon
  • Chuck changed the title to Joe Maddon's coaching decisions

Until yesterday I have given Maddon the benefit of the doubt, based on his record in the WS, etc. Today, I am off the fence. Joe exposed himself as a hopeless meddler/micro manager who believes he has way more contribution to winning games than he really has. Yes, I am a little slow, as many have been saying that for a long time. You were right. Let’s call it “managerial narcissism.” His statement about doing it for a human factor, to stir up the troops rather than because of any numbers is breathtakingly bad judgement. I don’t expect he will lose his job because of this decision, but I think it will be stuck in Perry’s mind at the moment he decides to pass on a new contract for Joseph (assuming it is Perry’s decision). A WS appearance is needed to save his job now, or should be. Too bad. I was hoping he was The One to take us to the promise land. Apparently not.

1 minute ago, mtangelsfan said:

Half of the posters in this thread thought Maddon was the brains behind the team's success under Sosh.

Regardless, it is one decision in a season of thousands.  

People are allowed to change their minds after being presented with new evidence.

And you can't undermine this decision. He showed his pitcher he had no confidence in him to get Seager out. It's not like he made a questionable pitching change; that shit is going to happen all year. This was a decision that's only happened 8 times since 1900. He wanted to make himself the center of attention. 

Just now, tdawg87 said:

People are allowed to change their minds after being presented with new evidence.

And you can't undermine this decision. He showed his pitcher he had no confidence in him to get Seager out. It's not like he made a questionable pitching change; that shit is going to happen all year. This was a decision that's only happened 8 times since 1900. He wanted to make himself the center of attention. 

And I believe it was the first time since 1881 that someone did it while their team was losing. 

13 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Half of the posters in this thread thought Maddon was the brains behind the team's success under Sosh.

Regardless, it is one decision in a season of thousands.  

This is not the place for such a reasonable perspective.