• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Lets Go Mandon!

16 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

People are allowed to change their minds after being presented with new evidence.

And you can't undermine this decision. He showed his pitcher he had no confidence in him to get Seager out. It's not like he made a questionable pitching change; that shit is going to happen all year. This was a decision that's only happened 8 times since 1900. He wanted to make himself the center of attention. 

The fact he was even willing to make that decision last night speaks volumes to who is as a manager. 

Edited by Jason

10 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

People are allowed to change their minds after being presented with new evidence.

And you can't undermine this decision. He showed his pitcher he had no confidence in him to get Seager out. It's not like he made a questionable pitching change; that shit is going to happen all year. This was a decision that's only happened 8 times since 1900. He wanted to make himself the center of attention. 

I'm not defending the decision.....I agree that Maddon showed he had no confidence in the pitcher and honestly neither did I.  However, I would ask why he brought that pitcher in if he didn't have confidence in his pitcher?  I don't think the decision for the IBB is worth getting upset about but publicly revealing the lack of confidence in a young pitcher is worth calling him on for his cowardly decision.  I hated the IBB decision because it was cowardly.  I never realized until that moment how much Maddon is scared of losing this season. 

30 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I don't believe I undermined anything.  I didn't like it but he and every other Angel manager has made horrible, head-scratching decisions.  If you want to talk about levels of bad decisions, that is fine.  I still think it is just one decision and to judge anyone on one decision is foolish IMO.

43 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I don't believe I undermined anything.  I didn't like it but he and every other Angel manager has made horrible, head-scratching decisions.  If you want to talk about levels of bad decisions, that is fine.  I still think it is just one decision and to judge anyone on one decision is foolish IMO.

Like I said, I don't think you can compare this decision to any of his other decisions. It's like saying "Wow this guy murdered a child but you can't forget he also shoplifted from Macy's for 6 years." 

This is indicative of a manager who not only makes bad decisions, he will make decisions just so he can get attention, even at the behest of the team.

I think really what all of this proves is that the managers don’t really impact the on the field outcome that much.  Maddon did the most baffling shit imaginable and in the end his team still ended up winning.  The players apparently like him and it seems like the club house culture is good.  That’s probably the area he does have substantial impact.  That part is important also.

I do think that someone in Angels management needs to get a handle on some of the whacky shit tho.  Enough is enough.  Most of the successful teams have a bunch of analytics guys figuring out most what’s going on.  It’s time for the Angels to get on board with that. 

Edited by UndertheHalo