• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Lets Go Mandon!

8 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Since the intentional bases-loaded walk, I think the Angels have scored 22 runs to Texas’ 7, and won all three games.

Maybe they did need a kick in the ass?

As much as the Titanic needed another hole in it's side to speed up the life boat loading. 

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

Since the intentional bases-loaded walk, I think the Angels have scored 22 runs to Texas’ 7, and won all three games.

Maybe they did need a kick in the ass?

Maybe they needed a kick in the ass but you don't "fire up your team" by IBB with the bases loaded.  Anyone who thinks Maddon was telling the truth about his motive is an idiot.

In my opinion... it seems like Maddon is making up for all the lost years when he lived in obscurity as a bench coach by trying to make himself the story as a manager.

As dumb as the move to intentionally walk Seager was - his explanation for why he did it is even dumber.  He really must believe he's the smartest guy in the room.   He's becoming a side show.  He's sort of a novelty act and those don't last.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/dont-intentionally-walk-anyone-with-the-bases-loaded/

If you’d like, you can credit that to Maddon lighting a fire under his players. That’s not how I’d look at it, though. Maddon made a decision that cost his team some fraction of a win. His players bailed him out by being extremely good at baseball. It’s hard to win baseball games! Both teams are full of well-compensated professional athletes who work year-round to improve their craft. And yet, one team wins every night, often by more than a few runs. Maddon made things a little harder for his team on Friday. The team was simply up to the challenge.

3 hours ago, Jay said:

The bases-loaded IBB was one of the dumbest decisions I have ever seen. Almost like Maddon was trying to set a new record for dumb.

He wasn't getting any national attention and this was just the thing to get some spotlight. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

He wasn't getting any national attention and this was just the thing to get some spotlight. 

Another possibility is he thought there was an open base.

The rest was just a really dumb excuse.

• 1 month later...