• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Lets Go Mandon!

Exteme.  Response.

I didn't like it.  Mainly because i don't think it instills confidence in a young pitcher.  Also, because it's Corey Seager, not Barry Bonds.  It's early.

What I do like is that he had a conversation on the mound beforehand.

Not sure I'm excited about Warren's response, though.  I think some John Lackey or Jered Weaver is good there. Even if he implodes.

I don't know.

It worked!

Edited by ScottT

I think it’s fucking crazy to give a way a run like that and his comments post game just seems like nonsense talk.  But what can you say.  It didn’t cost them the game somehow.  More alarming is how the defense keeps looking like dog shit.   We can’t win enough games to be a playoff team expanded playoffs or not if the fielders keep giving away bases and outs at the rate the angels are right now.  It’s crazy how stupid they look in the field.  Joe sure as shit isn’t going to galaxy brain his way to wins like this too often. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think it’s fucking crazy to give a way a run like that and his comments post game just seems like nonsense talk.  But what can you say.  It didn’t cost them the game somehow.  More alarming is how the defense keeps looking like dog shit.   We can’t win enough games to be a playoff team expanded playoffs or not if the fielders keep giving away bases and outs at the rate the angels are right now.  It’s crazy how stupid they look in the field.  Joe sure as shit isn’t going to galaxy brain his way to wins like this too often. 

Agreed. On all counts 

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

“The numbers are one thing,” the veteran manager said after the game, which the Angels won 9-6 over the Rangers. “Human beings are something completely different. And for me, the human element right there required what we did.” -- Joe Maddon

sign language psychologist GIF by Sign with Robert

Yeah, he let his pitcher know he has no faith in him. Well played, nimrod.

If anyone thinks “it worked” you are dead wrong. The only scenario where “it worked” would be if the next guy grounded into a double play.  Oh and if you were paying attention to the shift on Garver, there was no way he’s hitting into a double play based on where SS and 2nd baseman were positioned. 

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

It was fucking retarded. 

No discussion needed. The outcome of the game was in spite of him. He just said he wanted to "rile up" the team after the fact to make it seem like he made a good decision. He did not.

Shit like that should get you fired. 

If you need to be gimmicky and put your team at a disadvantage to “rile them up” you suck as a leader/motivator.  

11 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

I think I heard Terry Smith say that was the 6th time in MLB history that a IBB was issued with the bases loaded. The previous five times were in the 8th or 9th innings.

According to research by ESPN Stats & Information, Maddon's decision marked just the third time in the past 70 years that a player was intentionally walked with the bases loaded. Interestingly, he was the manager the last time it happened -- in 2008, when Tampa Bay Rays reliever Grant Balfour issued a walk to Josh Hamilton. The Arizona Diamondbacks also intentionally walked Barry Bonds with the bases loaded in 1998.

The two previous bases-loaded intentional walks both happened with two outs in the ninth inning. The Diamondbacks led by two runs when Bonds was walked, ultimately winning 8-7. The Rays led by four when Hamilton was walked and went on to win 7-4.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/33747334/los-angeles-angels-intentionally-walk-texas-rangers-corey-seager-bases-loaded

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

If you need to be gimmicky and put your team at a disadvantage to “rile them up” you suck as a leader/motivator.  

Well, yes. Maddon sucks as a leader and motivator. Which is why the Angels will lose tonight.

Not trying to be negative, just pointing out how his BS lineups and dumb decisions will prevent this team from ever having any sort of momentum.

7 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Well, yes. Maddon sucks as a leader and motivator. Which is why the Angels will lose tonight.

Not trying to be negative, just pointing out how his BS lineups and dumb decisions will prevent this team from ever having any sort of momentum.

Looking forward to the roster move today. That should be a hoot. 

6 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

The defense potential is fine at 5 of the 8 positions (Trout, Marsh, Walsh, Rendon, and when Stassi starts).

The big problem though is that two of the three bad positions are probably two of the most important ones (MIF), and Suzuki is almost a parody behind the plate.

I sure hope Stefanic defends decently enough at 2B, and Fletcher’s hip isn’t like Rendon’s a year ago.