• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

4 hours ago, Second Base said:

There was some debate when they drafted Kerry as to whether he would pitch out of the rotation or in relief, because he can do either. 

Looks like little has changed. He has the stamina to be a starter but lacked an effective third pitch, which if your fastball isn't mid-90's like Ervin's was (another two-pitch pitcher, who later developed a wicked two-seam to act as a third pitch) limits you as a pitcher. 

I'd say Kerry profiles similar to Nick Tropeano. Good fastball-change combo. Never developed the breaking ball like I thought he would.  Swing starter.

And that makes Jaime Barria's development all the more perplexing. Three workable pitches, decent control, clean mechanics, good stamina. His issue may be between the ears, or in that none of house three or four pitches profile as better than average offerings. 

I presume you're referring to Tropeano being the fastball-change guy.  

Kerry's third pitch (the changeup) didn't look bad to me.  I was a bit surprised he didn't get any offers at it.  Maybe something in his delivery made it obvious.  Hopefully they can clean that up.  He doesn't have much of a ceiling but I think he's squarely on the depth chart as a guy that could make the jump pretty easily considering his command.