• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

Its early but looking at Jeremiah Jackson's trends and numbers in the minors. If he reaches his ceiling, I think he's going to be around a 250-260 average, 320ish OBP with 15-20 HRs. 

Stefanic is going to Hit, he's going to hit! Power or lack of power might be a concern. I might give him a Whit Merrifield comp, and maybe like Whit, Stefanic's power will come. 

Brendon Davis another guy to keep an eye on, K rate is still a concern, but he has always had a solid Walk rate. 

2 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Its early but looking at Jeremiah Jackson's trends and numbers in the minors. If he reaches his ceiling, I think he's going to be around a 250-260 average, 320ish OBP with 15-20 HRs. 

Stefanic is going to Hit, he's going to hit! Power or lack of power might be a concern. I might give him a Whit Merrifield comp, and maybe like Whit, Stefanic's power will come. 

Brendon Davis another guy to keep an eye on, K rate is still a concern, but he has always had a solid Walk rate. 

Jackson has more raw pop and bat speed than 15-20 HR. I believe that's what he will likely settle in at, but if you're talking "ceiling" his jackpot ceiling is more like 30+ HR. 

Stefanic has enough pop and uses enough of the field to keep fielders honest which augments his overall production. 

Brendon Davis is more of the 20 HR ceiling player. I'm curious to see if last year's spike was momentum driven. He was seeing the ball really well. I'd like to see if it's a sustainable change or if he was riding an extended hot streak. Likely somewhere between the two. 

21 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Jackson has more raw pop and bat speed than 15-20 HR. I believe that's what he will likely settle in at, but if you're talking "ceiling" his jackpot ceiling is more like 30+ HR. 

Stefanic has enough pop and uses enough of the field to keep fielders honest which augments his overall production. 

I was going to say the same thing about both players. Jackson's a bit of a "baby Adell" if he develops as hoped, he'll hit .250+, with 30 HR but mediocre walks and tons of Ks. I believe that last year, 20 HR was actually the median for all qualifiers. I think I read somewhere that HR are down again this year, though.

As for Stefanic, I see a bit of Todd Walker, who was also limited defensively, if I remember. I could see him hitting .290+ with 15 HR and a bunch of walks, so his question is more about whether or not he can play adequate defense to be a regular at 2B, maybe 3B. That said, @Jeff Fletcher made an off-hand comment that he'll be hurt by the shift - I assume he means his defense? Not certain why the shift would hurt his offense.

21 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Brendon Davis is more of the 20 HR ceiling player. I'm curious to see if last year's spike was momentum driven. He was seeing the ball really well. I'd like to see if it's a sustainable change or if he was riding an extended hot streak. Likely somewhere between the two. 

Interesting. He remains a bit of a wildcard. I wouldn't be surprised for his numbers this year to plummet - maybe not back to 2019 levels, but well below 2021. On the other hand, if he can come close to repeating his performance from last year, he might get a shot in the majors by mid-season. Plus, with him playing some in the OF, he could be an interesting IF/OF bench player.

2 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I was going to say the same thing about both players. Jackson's a bit of a "baby Adell" if he develops as hoped, he'll hit .250+, with 30 HR but mediocre walks and tons of Ks. I believe that last year, 20 HR was actually the median for all qualifiers. I think I read somewhere that HR are down again this year, though.

As for Stefanic, I see a bit of Todd Walker, who was also limited defensively, if I remember. I could see him hitting .290+ with 15 HR and a bunch of walks, so his question is more about whether or not he can play adequate defense to be a regular at 2B, maybe 3B. That said, @Jeff Fletcher made an off-hand comment that he'll be hurt by the shift - I assume he means his defense? Not certain why the shift would hurt his offense.

Interesting. He remains a bit of a wildcard. I wouldn't be surprised for his numbers this year to plummet - maybe not back to 2019 levels, but well below 2021. On the other hand, if he can come close to repeating his performance from last year, he might get a shot in the majors by mid-season. Plus, with him playing some in the OF, he could be an interesting IF/OF bench player.

Rumor has it, the shift goes bye bye next season, though I have my doubts. MLB likes to experiment with things in the minors first, like the pitch clock and robo umps. And the implementation may just be limited anyway. Teams can still shift but all infielders need to be on the dirt, or whatever iteration they concoct. 

I have no idea what Stefanic will do. I think sometimes, maybe he's more of a Jack Mayfield type, and not so much a Todd Walker sort. Then sometimes, I think there's no doubt he'll hit a lot at the top level. 

Davis' numbers were so good last year, they really have no place to go but down. But I love that the Angels added him to the 40 man. He's kind of a AAA lottery ticket. Most prospect gambles are in the low minors so it takes a while to see if they pay out, but if Davis is for real, you've got a very valuable piece on your hands. I'd liken his ceiling to Jake Cronenworth, where you can plug him in anywhere and he will give you solid defense and 20 HR. 

It's interesting how they've rostered these teams. Tri City has a lot of mid-round pitchers, Adams and Paris who I think are their highest upside position players besides maybe Ramirez. Rest are mostly fill ins. Inland is like every single one of their young high upside guys in the field, with 3 really young pitchers (Albright, Guanare, Hidalgo). Rocket City has a bunch of pitchers who will most likely be contributors in the next year or two (Armstrong, Bachman [listed], Bush, Crow, Kerry, Murphy, Silseth) and basically only J Jackson as a potential contributor in the field. And AAA is major depth--Rengifo, Stefanic, Sierra, or Thaiss could be up any day. The pitching is filled with guys that can be up at any time to rotate through some relievers. 

Overall, it feels more intentional. There seems to be a plan for these guys and for these teams in terms of them developing and growing together. 

7 hours ago, Second Base said:

I think for the next few years at least, the Angels won't have any depth issues with regards to pitching. They have a ton of pitchers that project as back end of setting starters. 

So now if they draft a pitcher, they'll have the luxury of drafting for upside.

How do you view Daniel? I know he has good stuff but do you think a ceiling of a decent #3 guy is realistic, or is he more of the "back end/swingman" type?

I think he's somewhere in the middle of that but I only know a little more than the average fan about the farm system.

On 4/15/2022 at 3:18 PM, Angelsjunky said:

That said, @Jeff Fletcher made an off-hand comment that he'll be hurt by the shift - I assume he means his defense? Not certain why the shift would hurt his offense.

Exactly. 

You’re going to need better defensive infielders, with more range, if you’re not going to be able to shrink the field with your positioning. 

7 hours ago, Second Base said:

I think for the next few years at least, the Angels won't have any depth issues with regards to pitching. They have a ton of pitchers that project as back end of setting starters. 

So now if they draft a pitcher, they'll have the luxury of drafting for upside.

I think there's gonna be some sneaky upside on a bunch of the guys we've already got.