• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

14 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Concerning, because he only played 51 games a year ago.

The talent is there (aside from the real high k rate), but is the durability?

Kinda had a feeling that he might transition to LF/RF or maybe 3B (and 1B?) eventually just to try and ease some wear and tear. Obviously his skillset would be amazing as a middle-infielder, but with Vera, Paris, Blakely, Guzman, etc., that need might be less now. 

Might be time to try and keep him healthier and focus on becoming a power-threat at one of the corners.

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

From Rugby player to the Major Leagues! Great story. 

He debuted for the Twins in 2020. Just had one at bat over three games. 

I'm not going to get too excited yet, because he didn't show anything before this year in the minors. But still, maybe he figured things out.

14 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Werner Blakely so far.  nom nom.  

The real test of Eppler's legacy, outside of Ohtani and locking up Trout, will be the outcome of the upside prospects he stocked up on. Brandon Marsh and Jo Adell are one thing, but Jordyn Adams, Kyren Paris, Arol Vera, Werner Blakely... The Angels spent considerable capital that many pundits, myself included, felt was better reserved for pitching. 

I but if these guys develop and contribute, it might change how we look back on him. 

Edited by Second Base

Nice to see this start from Blakely. A-Ram is also doing well, hitting .304/.373/.500. Of the other high upside young guys, Arol Vera and Adrian Placencia both still haven't adjusted to A ball, and Jose Bonilla continues to disappoint. Edgar Quero is meh. Kyren Paris is also off to a slow start.

Still early, of course. 

Kyren Paris has shown a really good eye so far in his young minor league career. His average is not pretty but the OBP is nice. I do think the Hits will come, but it nice to see the eye he showing, K rate is a concern due to the lack of power.

On the other Side, Stefanic hardly seems to strike-out! 

Blakely also showing a nice eye, some powers and sweed! Really looking forawrd to how he does. 

On the pitching side, 

Bush has shown solid command in his 2 starts. The Fastball looks good! 

Daniels continueing from where he left off last year. 

Hidalgo is a name to keep an eye on this year. 

There is alot of talent here! and I'm excited! 

Watching these AAA games with the pitch clocks....   Whenever that shit hits MLB, we are gonna see a spike in SBs...   Right now, pitchers can play games with hitters, wait them out.  But once they have to make their pitch within XX seconds, you're going to see runners time their movements and get crazy good jumps.  

I know the whole pitch clock thing is intended to shorten games but I think the biggest side effect will be a league wide increase in SBs.  IMO that can only make the game a little more exciting/interesting.  It may also mean catch and throw guys once again hand around forever.

59 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Watching these AAA games with the pitch clocks....   Whenever that shit hits MLB, we are gonna see a spike in SBs...   Right now, pitchers can play games with hitters, wait them out.  But once they have to make their pitch within XX seconds, you're going to runners time their movements and get crazy good jumps.  

I know the whole pitch clock thing is intended to shorten games but I think the biggest side effect will be a league wide increase in SBs.  IMO that can only make the game a little more exciting/interesting.  It may also mean catch and throw guys once again hand around forever.

Which also means pitchers will continually throw to 1B.

How exciting.