• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

6 hours ago, StandOutRealty said:

Jomboy has a lot great videos, you should check him out... dude's also spot on with his lip reading, it's funny actually seeing what's getting said during arguments and fights

I watch a lot of Jomboy, even before they broke the Astros cheating scandal. This one slipped my radar though. 

Cabbage the lumberjack with a bomb and a double.  His bomb was a no doubter down the RF line over the concourse.  They list him at 6'3 and 205 but he's gotta go at least 225-230.  Kind of a Travis Hafner vibe but Cabbage can run and his D is solid.  

Silseth one of those guys who gets annoyed when he's ready within 2 seconds and no one else is.  Very 'kinetic' on the mound moves the glove a lot when getting his grip.  Scherzer like with his bull dog approach and no bullshit.  Works almost too fast sometimes.  And no he's not Scherzer (he doesn't have heterochromia - yes, that's what it's called).  

Had 8 k's.  Early game it was all fastball on five of his first 6.  And in what has become a thing in the org, fastballs up in the zone.  Throwing mid 90's.  Pounded the zone but not a ton of command.  Several long fly balls but he only gave up one really hard hit ball.  A triple in the first that he worked around.  

Secondary pitches were a really nice slider that he threw for strikes and also got some swing and miss on vs. both lefties and RHers.  Other secondary pitch was his most impressive.  It seemed like a split change of sorts.  Had the movement of a change but it seemed more firm.  Bottom dropped out and there was a ton of arm side movement.  There were some truly ugly swings and misses on that.  Like guys missing it by about a foot.  An out pitch for sure but he didn't throw it that often.  Only when he was way up in the count.  Probably because it's not a pitch he could ever throw for a consistent strike.  Death on Lhers.  

He got away with a few fastballs because of the lack of command so that's gotta improve but he's got very good stuff.  

A friend living in Texas now saw SLC play at Round Rock.

Was impressed with how Diaz pounded the zone, 8 innings on just 92 pitches with just 1 hit and 1 HBP and 7 Ks.   Still hasn’t allowed a HR in 23 innings, sub 2.00 ERA and sub 1.00 WHiP, nearly 2.00 GB/FB ratio.

Only concern was his sitting on 91-92.

Was not impressed at all with Brendon Davis.   Had a couple of flubs defensively, and was overmatched on low 90s heat.  

Liked Harrison’s speed and defensive work, just concerned with too many Ks.

Saw McKinnon hit two bombs, one clearing the bullpen.

6 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Silseth is a guy that if I was re-doing my top 30 list, would rank much higher. 

Here's a question: who has higher upside, Silseth or Bush? I'm not so sure it isn't Silseth.

It's still Bush, but if you rephrase the question, as in who is better in the long run.... Then it might be Silseth. Bush needs further development of a third offering to remain a starter, and in my mind, Silseth already has it. Being longer and leaner, Bush needs to remain diligent in his mechanical consistency, which he has. Silseth has a very simple approach. 

Ultimately, they probably end up in the same place though. 

6 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Was impressed with how Diaz pounded the zone, 8 innings on just 92 pitches with just 1 hit and 1 HBP and 7 Ks.   Still hasn’t allowed a HR in 23 innings, sub 2.00 ERA and sub 1.00 WHiP, nearly 2.00 GB/FB ratio.

Was not impressed at all with Brendon Davis.   Had a couple of flubs defensively, and was overmatched on low 90s heat.  

I've considered DMK as more of a hit over power guy, but given his build and size, it doesn't surprise me that he has that kind of power potential. 

6 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Silseth is a guy that if I was re-doing my top 30 list, would rank much higher. 

Here's a question: who has higher upside, Silseth or Bush? I'm not so sure it isn't Silseth.

Bush probably does but he's less likely to reach it imo.  

12 hours ago, Second Base said:

I've considered DMK as more of a hit over power guy, but given his build and size, it doesn't surprise me that he has that kind of power potential. 

I really like MacKinnon, tbh. The fact he’s limited to 1B really stings any path to playing time here, but his defense is solid and the discipline and contact are MLB-quality. Kind of reminds me of Yandy Diaz. Should hit for more power than he does, but still gets a lot of singles. Doesn’t kill you in the lineup. Will turn on the occasional pitch.

He’s the kind of guy that I could see being flipped for a bench role player at the deadline, sort of like the Murphy, Victorino, DeJesus trades, and then goes on to have a solid platoon year or three on a budget-conscious team. 

Edited by totdprods

19 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Diaz strikes me as the classic 4A SP who dominates at the minors but can’t quite finesse or deceive his way to continued success at the bigs. But could still pull off a surprise year here or there, kinda like Parker Bridwell’s crazy season here.

Kevin Maitan now has a career .222/.281/.328 batting line in 280 minor league games. Or to break it down by level:

Rookie: .246/.301/.372 in 110 games

A: .214/.278/.323 in 123 games

A+: .207/.254/.256 in 32 games

AA: 146/.217/.182 in 15 games

Meaning, he's getting worse as he "levels up." Not one sign of improvement, at least statistically - just getting worse. He's 22 now. I'm thinking that this year is his last chance - it is really looking like 99% certainty that he's a busted prospect.

Edited by Angelsjunky

4 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Kevin Maitan now has a career .222/.281/.328 batting line in 280 minor league games. Or to break it down by level:

Rookie: .246/.301/.372 in 110 games

A: .214/.278/.323 in 123 games

A+: .207/.254/.256 in 32 games

AA: 146/.217/.182 in 15 games

Meaning, he's getting worse as he "levels up." Not one sign of improvement, at least statistically - just getting worse. He's 22 now. I'm thinking that this year is his last chance - it is really looking like 99% certainty that he's a busted prospect.

Is that bad?

How long can we keep Maitan? I mean, he's only 22. Look at Ward. He's 28.

I know he's been in the minors for several years, but maybe he's one of those guys who just doesn't put it all together until he's 25-26.

Obviously spending resources on him when he's showing absolutely 0 signs of improvement (in fact, the opposite) might not be the best idea but do you really give up on a 22 year old prospect?

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

How long can we keep Maitan? I mean, he's only 22. Look at Ward. He's 28.

I know he's been in the minors for several years, but maybe he's one of those guys who just doesn't put it all together until he's 25-26.

Obviously spending resources on him when he's showing absolutely 0 signs of improvement (in fact, the opposite) might not be the best idea but do you really give up on a 22 year old prospect?

Well again, the point is that there's been literally zero improvement - in five years, this being his sixth in the minors. I suppose it doesn't hurt anyone to keep him around, considering how small minor league salaries are, but at this point, him breaking out seems very, very unlikely.

Or to put things in context, they gave up on Chevy Clarke after five years, at the same age.