• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

6 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

He's a real boy!

He's a guy like Daniel that was forgotten about because of TJ and Covid..   
Broke down, missed frosh season and when he came back he pitched out of the pen made a start or two but only threw like 10 innings.  2020, gets used exclusively out of the pen and managed an 18:5 K:W ratio in 8 innings... 

This is where it get a interesting, the kid went to the Northwoods College Summer league and put up a 48:10 K:W ratio in 26.2 innings..  Just wrecked house...

Last year he was the Opening Day starter for Louisville, then comes down with Covid and misses a month and came back with the usual rust and lack of oomph...

When healthy he's got a big spin 2 seam FB, sits 93-95, ramps up to 96-98.  Big curve, also big spin numbers that alternates between a regular curve and a 12/6 at around 75/77...  He's got a four seamer but was essentially a two pitch guy.

The issue with Albanese -- 35 IP in four years at Louisville.  But he's been able to make people look bad when he's pitched.   So, its secondary pitches and health, but the upside is there.

you could have totally made all of this up and I'd still be happy to read it.  

totally forgot about Von Scoyoc as a projectable lefty.  6ip, 1h, 0er, 1bb, 8k.  Yeah.  1 hit.  Six foot six.  22 years old.  

don't sleep on a couple HS draftees from the eppler era that missed a year due to covid.   Danny Nunan is another name to put in the back of your head.   

7 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

totally forgot about Von Scoyoc as a projectable lefty.  6ip, 1h, 0er, 1bb, 8k.  Yeah.  1 hit.  Six foot six.  22 years old.  

don't sleep on a couple HS draftees from the eppler era that missed a year due to covid.   Danny Nunan is another name to put in the back of your head.   

Screen-Shot-2020-10-01-at-1.00.21-PM.png

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

Swanda back from the dead too.

10 hours ago, Dochalo said:

you could have totally made all of this up and I'd still be happy to read it.  

Remember last season when I did the refresher post on Crow/his previous draft bonus ..... I always remember the guys with irregular paths to success.  Too bad I jinxed Albanese today, but he's someone who merits watching and yes all that stuff is true!  

He's a real boy!

7 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Remember last season when I did the refresher post on Crow his previous draft bonus ..... I always remember the guys with irregular paths to success.  Too bad I jinxed Albanese today, but he's someone who merits watching and yes all that stuff is true!  

He's a real boy!

He's a real big boy.  6'6 and 240.  

Does anyone know if it's the parent orgs call on whether to have cameras and do a broadcast of the game on milb tv?

Maybe @Jeff Fletcher?  Or @Chuckster70 do you know anyone in the org that would be able to tell us?

I know the tri cities team was in their first go around last year and I figured it would take them as season to put stuff in place but they're our only affiliate not being broadcast again.  

7 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Remember last season when I did the refresher post on Crow his previous draft bonus ..... I always remember the guys with irregular paths to success.  Too bad I jinxed Albanese today, but he's someone who merits watching and yes all that stuff is true!  

He's a real boy!

71AIYVkVWFL._SL1500_.jpg

These are the best. Just don't let Angels1961 know. 

Dylan King sighting last night made the tandem start for tri cities and went 5ip, 1h, 0er, 1bb, 8k.  

don't know much about his stuff.  6'3 190lb RHer.  Drafted in the 18th round out of Belmont college in 2018.  Showed some promise his first year in the org with lots of walks and k's.  then of course lost a year and came back last year and struggled with the long ball but still had 67k in 42.1 ip.  Struggled with free passes in his first start but clearly had it going yesterday.  

could find a scouting report - anyone got any info on his stuff?  

29 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Dylan King sighting last night made the tandem start for tri cities and went 5ip, 1h, 0er, 1bb, 8k.  

don't know much about his stuff.  6'3 190lb RHer.  Drafted in the 18th round out of Belmont college in 2018.  Showed some promise his first year in the org with lots of walks and k's.  then of course lost a year and came back last year and struggled with the long ball but still had 67k in 42.1 ip.  Struggled with free passes in his first start but clearly had it going yesterday.  

could find a scouting report - anyone got any info on his stuff?  

This is all I could find from BA, @Dochalo

Drafted in the 18th round (541st overall) by the Los Angeles Angels in 2018 (signed for $125,000)

King impressed in the Cape Cod League last summer, where he touched 96, but he missed almost the entire season with Tommy John surgery.

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Does anyone know if it's the parent orgs call on whether to have cameras and do a broadcast of the game on milb tv?

Maybe @Jeff Fletcher?  Or @Chuckster70 do you know anyone in the org that would be able to tell us?

I know the tri cities team was in their first go around last year and I figured it would take them as season to put stuff in place but they're our only affiliate not being broadcast again.  

I don't know for sure, but I think it's the minor league team's decision since they have to pay for the camera setup, camera operators, director, etc.

Salt Lake, Rocket City, and Inland Empire all have games on milb tv, so if it was the parent org's call I'd assume Tri-City would have it.