• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

How do you view Daniel? I know he has good stuff but do you think a ceiling of a decent #3 guy is realistic, or is he more of the "back end/swingman" type?

I think he's somewhere in the middle of that but I only know a little more than the average fan about the farm system.

Like minor league hitters, I can't figure Davis Daniel out, and his outcome changes depending on whoever you ask. 

I don't think his stuff is that good. It's pedestrian. Low 90's fastball that he spots and a breaking ball. He's more a two-pitch pitcher from what I've seen. 

But hitters can't seem to square up anything he throws. 

I think Davis will be a good relief pitcher. I don't view him as a starter long term, and I think he doesn't need much more development time at all. 

I think if the Angels promoted him right now, he'd get major league hitters out. I also think in college, before TJS, when his velo was climbing up to 97 it was in smaller spurts. His good stuff became great stuff. The velo didn't return and he's sitting 92-ish. I think in relief, he could sit 94-95 and still offer plenty of sink and command, and you could tell comfortable with him getting 6-9 outs. I can't say that about the Angels current relievers.

Where the Angels depth chart is sitting at this moment, he has to be a starter. But once that depth arrives, I think he'll be one of the premier multi-inning relievers. 

Edited by Second Base

32 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I think there's gonna be some sneaky upside on a bunch of the guys we've already got.  

I see that in Erla and Silseth. Do you see any considerable upside in the others aside from Bachman and Bush? 

To me, it looks like a lot of advanced arms that end up in the bullpen. I was burned too many times by Dipoto's collegiate arms that he drafted. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Exactly. 

You’re going to need better defensive infielders, with more range, if you’re not going to be able to shrink the field with your positioning. 

That segways to the next question.

Of the middle INFs on the farm, which have the best range?

Edited by Angel Oracle

4 hours ago, Second Base said:

I see that in Erla and Silseth. Do you see any considerable upside in the others aside from Bachman and Bush? 

To me, it looks like a lot of advanced arms that end up in the bullpen. I was burned too many times by Dipoto's collegiate arms that he drafted. 

I also think Albright has some upside.  But we really won't know for a while.  

6 hours ago, Second Base said:

those are the top two from the most recent draft.  But four guys from one draft at least if you include Bush and Bachman?  And Albright.  Hidalgo, Kochanowicz.  Are we still counting Detmers?  Crow (I think he's got more upside than maybe most).  And personally, I still like Pina.  Then there's the guys who are barely still on the radar that could come on.  Rivera, Holmes, Aquino, Guanare, and a couple others.  There's a ton of reliever risk all over, but there's a bunch more upside than back of the rotation in my opinion.  

6 hours ago, Second Base said:

Like minor league hitters, I can't figure Davis Daniel out, and his outcome changes depending on whoever you ask. 

I don't think his stuff is that good. It's pedestrian. Low 90's fastball that he spots and a breaking ball. He's more a two-pitch pitcher from what I've seen. 

But hitters can't seem to square up anything he throws. 

I think Davis will be a good relief pitcher. I don't view him as a starter long term, and I think he doesn't need much more development time at all. 

I think if the Angels promoted him right now, he'd get major league hitters out. I also think in college, before TJS, when his velo was climbing up to 97 it was in smaller spurts. His good stuff became great stuff. The velo didn't return and he's sitting 92-ish. I think in relief, he could sit 94-95 and still offer plenty of sink and command, and you could tell comfortable with him getting 6-9 outs. I can't say that about the Angels current relievers.

Where the Angels depth chart is sitting at this moment, he has to be a starter. But once that depth arrives, I think he'll be one of the premier multi-inning relievers. 

Thanks. I appreciate your input.

Just now, Second Base said:

Those are made up words.  Watch, I can do it too. Blerf McGillicuddy. 

He's a real boy!

He's a guy like Daniel that was forgotten about because of TJ and Covid..   
Broke down, missed frosh season and when he came back he pitched out of the pen made a start or two but only threw like 10 innings.  2020, gets used exclusively out of the pen and managed an 18:5 K:W ratio in 8 innings... 

This is where it get a interesting, the kid went to the Northwoods College Summer league and put up a 48:10 K:W ratio in 26.2 innings..  Just wrecked house...

Last year he was the Opening Day starter for Louisville, then comes down with Covid and misses a month and came back with the usual rust and lack of oomph...

When healthy he's got a big spin 2 seam FB, sits 93-95, ramps up to 96-98.  Big curve, also big spin numbers that alternates between a regular curve and a 12/6 at around 75/77...  He's got a four seamer but was essentially a two pitch guy.

The issue with Albanese -- 35 IP in four years at Louisville.  But he's been able to make people look bad when he's pitched.   So, its secondary pitches and health, but the upside is there.

5 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

He's a real boy!

He's a guy like Daniel that was forgotten about because of TJ and Covid..   
Broke down, missed frosh season and when he came back he pitched out of the pen made a start or two but only threw like 10 innings.  2020, gets used exclusively out of the pen and managed an 18:5 K:W ratio in 8 innings... 

This is where it get a interesting, the kid went to the Northwoods College Summer league and put up a 48:10 K:W ratio in 26.2 innings..  Just wrecked house...

Last year he was the Opening Day starter for Louisville, then comes down with Covid and misses a month and came back with the usual rust and lack of oomph...

When healthy he's got a big spin 2 seam FB, sits 93-95, ramps up to 96-98.  Big curve, also big spin numbers that alternates between a regular curve and a 12/6 at around 75/77...  He's got a four seamer but was essentially a two pitch guy.

The issue with Albanese -- 35 IP in four years at Louisville.  But he's been able to make people look bad when he's pitched.   So, its secondary pitches and health, but the upside is there.

Plot twist:

He was awful tonight at Tri City....