• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

PRESEASON

TOP 40 PROSPECTS

Click prospect for player report

Reid Detmers LHP

Sam Bachman RHP

Kyren Paris SS/2B

Jordyn Adams OF

Jeremiah Jackson SS/2B

Ky Bush LHP

Arol Vera SS

Denzer Guzman SS

Landon Marceaux RHP

Alexander Ramirez OF

Austin Warren RHP

Chase Silseth RHP

Davis Daniel RHP

D'Shawn Knowles OF

Jose Marte RHP

Chris Rodriguez RHP

Adrian Placencia 2B/SS

Janson Junk RHP

Orlando Martinez OF

Luke Murphy RHP

Oliver Ortega RHP

Michael Stefanic 2B

Werner Blakely SS/2B

Mason Erla RHP

Jack Kochanowicz RHP

Elvis Peguero RHP

Edgar Quero C

Coleman Crow RHP

Mason Albright LHP

Natanael Santana OF

Livan Soto SS/2B

Jhonathan Diaz LHP

Brendon Davis 3B

Alejandro Hidalgo RHP

David MacKinnon 1B

Ryan Smith LHP

Packy Naughton LHP

Andrew Wantz RHP

Kyle Tyler RHP

Zach Linginfelter RHP

16 hours ago, sportstr44 said:

Keep an eye on #20 Luke Murphy... friend of the family who works with Dodgers as a college scout texted me after the Angels drafted him and said Murphy was one of his favorite sleeper players in the draft...

He said his stuff is crazy good but just needs refining (I guess like a lot of other minors league pitchers out there)... sees legit majors potential and a quick rise if he could get control of his control issues

59 minutes ago, StandOutRealty said:

Keep an eye on #20 Luke Murphy... friend of the family who works with Dodgers as a college scout texted me after the Angels drafted him and said Murphy was one of his favorite sleeper players in the draft...

He said his stuff is crazy good but just needs refining (I guess like a lot of other minors league pitchers out there)... sees legit majors potential and a quick rise if he could get control of his control issues

it seems the halos did a really nice job last year of finding a ton of potential value in rounds 6-20.  There seemed to be a ton of focus on measurables because a lot of these guys weren't actually scouted conventionally.  We'll find out in 2-3 years whether that approach works or not.  

1 minute ago, AngelStew43 said:

I am watching Edgar Quero.  Finished last year at low-A.  I have a hunch that at number 27, he’s ranked too low.

there are a bunch of foreign guys who could make the future a lot of fun.  Quero is 12th on fangraphs list.  Vera, Guzman, Placencia, Hidalgo, Quero, Guanare, Ramirez, Santana etc.  I bet one of those guys is gonna be a star.  A couple will be major leaguers and the rest won't pan out, but there's some guys with high ceilings in the top 30+ now who could jump big time.  I wouldn't call our system very good right now, but there's a ton of potential in it.  A lot more to dream on than in years past.  

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

They have been signing some guys of late that just have never been good, at no level ever...  Guessing it's organizational guys willing to be slop but.  geesh...

So I'm gonna spin a yarn here with the hope that it's at least partially true as to why this is happening.  

They're using a lot of trackman and rapsodo and looking for very particular characteristics on various guys that they can work with to make some adjustments.  Most of these guys have been pitchers so I think (hope) they are throwing a bunch of stuff against the wall from that standpoint to see what sticks.  

Most of these guys seem really random to us but there is something that they're looking at which makes them want to try some stuff out from a development standpoint.  

If they get some effective pen innings out of it then great.  If it fails, which it's kind of expected for most, then so what.  

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  

On 1/11/2022 at 6:27 AM, Inside Pitch said:

It's not just the prospects it's young guys in general.  People had all but punted completely on Suarez despite his age and the circumstances regarding his usage.  Canning is in the same boat now.  After 60 shitty innings in a season where he was bad and the defense behind him was worse he's fallen off the map for most Angels fans, it's hilarious.

Last year around this time I pointed to Sandoval's 2 pitch K rates and how he was in rare company..  This year I'm going to do the same thing with Canning.  His slider 27% changeup 21% K rates scream breakout.  Iglesias BTW sat at 31 and 25 SL/CU..  Gilolito 22/32 SL/CU.   Dude had an awful season but his ability to generate outs on his own bodes well regardless.

My main concern with Canning is health.

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

Putting Junk ahead of Koch, Daniel and Crow is funny. But pretty typical of lists like these.

Why is it funny?

FanGraphs also has Junk ahead of Kochanowicz, Daniel, and Crow.

You can debate Junk vs. Daniel, but I don't think you can debate Junk vs. Kochanowicz or Crow.

Junk was very good in AA last season, has a good fastball, curve, and slider. Kochanowicz and Crow aren't out of A-ball. Proximity to the majors has to count for something.

3 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Why is it funny?

FanGraphs also has Junk ahead of Kochanowicz, Daniel, and Crow.

You can debate Junk vs. Daniel, but I don't think you can debate Junk vs. Kochanowicz or Crow.

Junk was very good in AA last season, has a good fastball, curve, and slider. Kochanowicz and Crow aren't out of A-ball. Proximity to the majors has to count for something.

It's funny because Junk's upside is a swingman/reliever.

Proximity to the majors counts for plenty, but so does actual talent.