• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I like Angelswin.com much better, but HH has a point here.

Hubs

12 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I think you and I have been reiterating the same thing for the last 2-3 years at least.  When you're ready win (supposedly), you need to avoid those catastrophic performances.   You just can't have holes.  Not in your lineup.  Not on your bench.  It's different when you know you're not going to win but when you have different expectation you just can't leave massive holes.  

Yup. Good teams have their plan A, plan B and plan C all lined up before the season starts. They aren't 'giving guys time' to see how they adjust when things go sideways. They are making moves that solve problems.

For years now we are signing guys that have not solved problems for us. This year I haven't explicitly advocated for anyone, all I am asking is that the team bring in guys that solve problems, and these guys can be found at all sorts of price points.

You don't have to re-sign Iglesias but you sure as hell better trade for another one if you don't. You don't have to sign Trevor Story but you better find at least a 2 war shortstop somewhere if you don't.

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Yup. Good teams have their plan A, plan B and plan C all lined up before the season starts. They aren't 'giving guys time' to see how they adjust when things go sideways. They are making moves that solve problems.

For years now we are signing guys that have not solved problems for us. This year I haven't explicitly advocated for anyone, all I am asking is that the team bring in guys that solve problems, and these guys can be found at all sorts of price points.

You don't have to re-sign Iglesias but you sure as hell better trade for another one if you don't. You don't have to sign Trevor Story but you better find at least a 2 war shortstop somewhere if you don't.

and right now we effectively have a near replacement level player at 2b already.  Two guys who coming off injury who missed huge chunks of the season, Two rookies for the OF who have promise yet are unproven, another OF who's a terrible defender and has been pretty bad for three years running.  Ignoring lineup depth for 2022 would be as dumb as ignoring the bullpen or starting rotation.  To me it's that important.  

On 10/21/2021 at 4:00 PM, WicketMaiden said:

I'd like to add:

• Mixing up Then and Than - how does one do that, they have such different meanings? 
  • Mixing up Fewer and Less - this is less annoying than 'Then and Than' as I see fewer instances of it.

I would also like to add:

"Could of/would of" instead of the proper contractions (could've/would've).

Also, to/too/two and knowing which to use in which context.

On 10/21/2021 at 3:00 PM, WicketMaiden said:

I'd like to add:

• Mixing up Then and Than - how does one do that, they have such different meanings? 
  • Mixing up Fewer and Less - this is less annoying than 'Then and Than' as I see fewer instances of it.

Than and then are so easy to work with too.

If always goes with Then.

• 2 weeks later...