• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I like Angelswin.com much better, but HH has a point here.

Hubs

This article from halo hangout points out a few issues with our offense and it makes a very good case why the Angels need to be in on the Shortstop Market.

https://halohangout.com/2021/10/21/la-angels-3-stats-defined-2021/3/

Basically it says our offense was a 94 wRC+ last season, which is below average. Now Mike Trout and Rendon will fix that, but Fletcher's struggles and a disappointing year from SS means that they need a better offensive players in the MINF. I hope Fletcher bounces back, but he really struggled last season with a 70 wRC+.

Then the third slide talks about our defensive issues. They start at SS. Maddon may say Fletcher is a Gold Glove winner, but the numbers do not back that up. And SS was atrocious.

Getting one of the top SS who is a plus defender (read not Javy Baez) would go a long way towards adding some stability here in both the offensive and defensive sides. Plus maybe they'd steal more bases (which was also in the article).

Maybe they spend 40 on pitching and 25 on a SS? I can also see them trading for a Whit Merrifield type, but that may not cost money, but it will cost prospects.

Holy shit, you are looking at an offense that was filled with AAAA players like Gosslin and waiver wire pickups and this is the same crew taking the field next season? Hell no. It's not just Trout and Rendon that were missing. 

Shit, Hubs you are so much smarter than this article, how did you go down that rabbit hole?

17 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Holy shit, you are looking at an offense that was filled with AAAA players like Gosslin and waiver wire pickups and this is the same crew taking the field next season? Hell no. It's not just Trout and Rendon that were missing. 

Shit, Hubs you are so much smarter than this article, how did you go down that rabbit hole?

Eh, we did have Stassi, Fletcher, Walsh, Marsh/Adell all for the most of the year, so there is a bit of a point that aside from Trout, Rendon, Walsh, and Ohtani, the offense could be a bit of a question mark.

But I think that also isn’t fairly quantifying what a healthy Trout and Rendon bring to the offense.

I would not be surprised, or totally pissed, if they spent on a SS, but I think it can be addressed without breaking the bank. I still hope they look into someone like Gleyber Torres, Amed Rosario, or Miguel Rojas on the trade market. 

“I like Angelswin.com much better, but HH has a point here.”

I think you mean you like Angelswin.com much more.

You think it is better.  You like it more.

It doesn’t make sense to say you like it better.

But so many people say it that way that it doesn’t even sound incorrect to most people anymore.

17 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

But so many people say it that way that it doesn’t even sound incorrect to most people anymore.

Colloquialisms can be excused on a message board.

But these grammar faux pas are unforgivable, regardless of platform:

• Mixing up its/it's or your/you're
• Saying "irregardless" or "oftentimes"
• Adding an apostrophe for a plural: "Baseball's are flying out of the park" or "Go Angel's!"

There are a few more but I can't think of them right now.

31 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Colloquialisms can be excused on a message board.

But these grammar faux pas are unforgivable, regardless of platform:

• Mixing up its/it's or your/you're
• Saying "irregardless" or "oftentimes"
• Adding an apostrophe for a plural: "Baseball's are flying out of the park" or "Go Angel's!"

There are a few more but I can't think of them right now.

I'd like to add:

• Mixing up Then and Than - how does one do that, they have such different meanings? 
  • Mixing up Fewer and Less - this is less annoying than 'Then and Than' as I see fewer instances of it.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Thank you for thinking I am smarter. I also know that the wRC+ will increase next year because Upton was hitting, Rendon was out, Trout was out, however, they do have a point as Fletcher slumped badly. Can you field a division winning team with two black holes on offense in the MINF if he doesn't rebound to 20 or 19 numbers?

Mayfield, Rengifo are backups. Baretto will be non tendered. Fletcher may need a lefty platoon partner if he continues this abysmal offense.

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

Also, Evan Desai is an unbelievably terrible writer, even for a fan site.  Truly just consistently bad--not just in terms of his takes/stances, but also the overall quality of his writing.

I prefer our regular posters to that stuff.  Much less comparing that shit with what the writers here do, everyone must love chuck or something.  Cause it’s really good.  I’m just here to learn.

Edited by Revad

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

Eh, we did have Stassi, Fletcher, Walsh, Marsh/Adell all for the most of the year, so there is a bit of a point that aside from Trout, Rendon, Walsh, and Ohtani, the offense could be a bit of a question mark.

But I think that also isn’t fairly quantifying what a healthy Trout and Rendon bring to the offense.

I would not be surprised, or totally pissed, if they spent on a SS, but I think it can be addressed without breaking the bank. I still hope they look into someone like Gleyber Torres, Amed Rosario, or Miguel Rojas on the trade market. 

Every one of these discussions forget Upton, like he isn't even on the team. But when Fowler went down, then Trout, then Upton, there really was no quantifiable offense from any of the outfield positions.

That is three bats added to the lineup card in Tout, Upton, Marsh/Adel. That stretches out that batting order where last season there was Ohtani and Walsh, Stassi was dropped into the 6th hole because Maddon is an idiot. The Angels started every game with two hitters and then a string of horseshit if Suzuki was playing. 

2 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

I like your comments more better.

2 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Please read my book, “How To Talks and Compose Gooder English.”