• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Next 16 Games

fan_since79

5 hours ago, Blarg said:

Most years I don't want baseball to end because then it is 6 months until the next game but this season could have ended a month ago and I wouldn't miss the constant up and downs. 22 more games and the Angels will probably end the season one game under .500 because that is what they are this year.

Without Trout it's just not the same.

Gee, I hope he comes back next year...

39 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Without Trout it's just not the same.

Gee, I hope he comes back next year...

They never downgraded the strain from a Grade 2 to Grade 3, yet 16 weeks and still too much soreness when the recovery time for Grade 2’s is 6-8 weeks?

If it was a grade 3, surgery is usually required.

So pardon me for being very confused.

Edited by Angel Oracle

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

They never downgraded the strain from a Grade 2 to Grade 3, yet 16 weeks and still too much soreness when the recovery time for Grade 2’s is 6-8 weeks?

If it was a grade 3, surgery is usually required.

So pardon me for being very confused.

No, it really is confusing. Angels say strain, 6-8 weeks.

Trout himself said it was "torn" "really bad" and he's been out four months. I trust him to know what happened. But no more updates. A total news blackout. Who the hell knows when he'll be well again...

46 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

No, it really is confusing. Angels say strain, 6-8 weeks.

Trout himself said it was "torn" "really bad" and he's been out four months. I trust him to know what happened. But no more updates. A total news blackout. Who the hell knows when he'll be well again...

If it was Grade 3, why didn’t he get the surgery?

It's a shame that Trout's injury was season ending but they refused to say it and kept people hoping that he would return this year to "help the club". This Halos team is a .500 at best with all the injuries. At this rate they'll be lucky to finish at .500. I think they'll finish the season with a 9-7 record. Too little too late as they always say.

On 9/10/2021 at 6:14 PM, Blarg said:

Most years I don't want baseball to end because then it is 6 months until the next game but this season could have ended a month ago and I wouldn't miss the constant up and downs. 22 more games and the Angels will probably end the season one game under .500 because that is what they are this year.

This is a numerical impossibility (unless they tie a game): they either finish at .500 (81 - 81) or they finish 80-82, which is two games under .500. (Apologies for the pedantry, this season has reduced me to it.)

19 games in 20 days starting Tuesday, gonna be a tough season ending schedule with the numerous season ending injuries likely finally catching up after 143 games

It’s actually amazing that they’ve gone 51-46 over the past 97 games, with the injuries piling up.

And THAT is the cherry topper on why Ohtani is the likely AL MVP, barring total collapse the remaining three weeks.

Edited by Angel Oracle

5 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

19 games in 20 days starting Tuesday, gonna be a tough season ending schedule with the numerous season ending injuries likely finally catching up after 143 games

It’s actually amazing that they’ve gone 51-46 over the past 97 games, with the injuries piling up.

And THAT is the cherry topper on why Ohtani is AL MVP.

They've still been outscored by 72 runs on the season (a worse differential than the Tigers and almost as bad as the Nationals).  They've played well in 1-run games, despite having a terrible bullpen.  It's a little fluky, to be honest.  They're playing about 5 games better than their run differential would indicate.  Only the Mariners are playing more above their expected level (well, technically Arizona is, too--but they're still awful...).

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

1-2.

Houston wins the series.

About what I expected.

The pitching was good enough to win the series with the exception of Minasian's garbage in game one..  The offense was bad enough to lose. I am liking what the younger pitchers are showing.  I'm getting pissed at what Mayfield and Gosslin contributes, which is nothing.

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

They've still been outscored by 72 runs on the season (a worse differential than the Tigers and almost as bad as the Nationals).  They've played well in 1-run games, despite having a terrible bullpen.  It's a little fluky, to be honest.  They're playing about 5 games better than their run differential would indicate.  Only the Mariners are playing more above their expected level (well, technically Arizona is, too--but they're still awful...).

The Angels Pythag is such a landmine.   Their 1 run record is totally a fluke and yet if you go game by game you can understand how they got there.  The pen tends to be at its worst when it comes into games early and ends up having to rely on the more pyromaniac types.  A lot of times it's felt like those 1 run games were "escapes"...   games where they had leads that just kept shrinking and ultimately ended up as one 1 run games.   Maybe more importantly -- it screams how important Iglesias has been.

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

The Angels Pythag is such a landmine.   Their 1 run record is totally a fluke and yet if you go game by game you can understand how they got there.  The pen tends to be at its worst when it comes into games early and ends up having to rely on the more pyromaniac types.  A lot of times it's felt like those 1 run games were "escapes"...   games where they had leads that just kept shrinking and ultimately ended up as one 1 run games.   Maybe more importantly -- it screams how important Iglesias has been.

It also implies that this team is a little further off from contention than we’d like to think.