• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Marsh and Adell dilemma in 2022

It's a small sample size, a very very small sample size, but seeing how Marsh has adjusted at the plate already and seeing how Adell has handled the outfield as well as cutting down on chasing wild pitches has me at a crossroad. 

The outfield for 2022 is up in the air. I say this given the recent swarm of injuries Mike Trout has had and Justin Upton being practically non-existent. 

Over the last year and a half (and mostly since the trade deadline), I've loved the idea of trading one of Marsh or Adell to the Marlins for a front of the rotation piece. 

Now..... I'm not so sure I want to do that. I know the trade lines up well with the Marlins, but I think we are at a loss if one of those guys go and we have to deal with Upton on the decline and Trout with his history of injuries. 

Thoughts? Anyone else feeling like this?

Adell and Marsh are playing well enough that if they finish the year like this or better, you should be able to set sights much higher than Max Meyer or another Marlins prospect. 

Doesn’t mean you have to trade one, but I’m glad they didn’t make that move at the deadline. If we move one of these guys, it better be for a relatively proven and tested MLB frontline arm.

It was a good, sensible gamble to bring them up and give them time - they had gone from top prospects to top prospects with some risk/flaws (Adell’s performance, Marsh’s health) and are now looking once again more like top prospects.

Makes it much easier to talk about guys like Castillo or Alcantara or Marquez or Glasnow+ or Flaherty or whatever, where before you were looking more at topping out their value in deals like Marsh for Meyer or other arms with a little more risk, uncertainty, lack of control, etc. Don’t need to trade either but you’ve swung it back into your favor with their value increasing.

Edited by totdprods

7 hours ago, Revad said:

I don’t see a problem here, as has been pointed out over the course of a season there’s plenty of at bats for four outfielders.

^^^^ 4 OF’ers wasn’t enough to get thru this year….keep them all…rather pay Upton to be a 4th OF’er with us, if Adell and Marsh keep it up, than pay him to play somewhere else…

I like keeping Upton even if his role is diminished. Much better having him to put in the outfield if someone gets injured than seeing Gosselin, Wong, or Rengifo out there again.

If he’s open to trading his NTC because he wants more playing time and someone calls with interest that’s great too. Otherwise keep ‘em all (unless you need to trade a youngster for an arm).

Wonder if there could be a fit with Upton to the Dodgers for Price? A few things would have to happen for it to make sense but in a way it could work.

Edited by totdprods

One of the wisest approaches I've seen guys like Scioscia and Maddon take (and maybe this is more Stoneman and Eppler) is that they don't view anything as a "logjam."

These things have a way of sorting themselves out. Some guy gets hurt, or underperforms, or slides to a different position to meet positional needs, etc... Others step up in unexpected ways to complicate masters. 

I don't see any reason to trade Marsh or Adell, not even for pitching. 

Let it play itself out.