• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Marsh and Adell dilemma in 2022

I place Marsh in Left, Trout in Center and Adell in Right in 2022. And not worry about those spots for the foreseeable future! 

I trade J-Up (for a warm piece of garbage) or add him with other parts for something else. 

I might also Move Adams if he has a strong fall/winter ball season. If he has any value. He should. 

There are enough Parts currently that can fill in anywhere on this roster or the outfield! (Rengifo, Walsh, Gosselin, Ward, Ohtani) etc.

29 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Yes, you can pay off his contract. That has nothing to do with making statements that trading Upton solves the roster log jam. Until he states he is open for a trade, making up scenarios regarding a trade is fools play. Quit playing the fool. 

Upton as the 2022 roster looks today is the odd man out in the Outfield and at DH. 

Just stop.

3 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

I would trade Trout while you can. Get out from that contract. 

I think the trade Trout debate is over....Not sure anybody would take on that contract, particularly in a year he lost to injury and turned 30.....

2 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

I place Marsh in Left, Trout in Center and Adell in Right in 2022. And not worry about those spots for the foreseeable future! 

I trade J-Up (for a warm piece of garbage) or add him with other parts for something else. 

I might also Move Adams if he has a strong fall/winter ball season. If he has any value. He should. 

There are enough Parts currently that can fill in anywhere on this roster or the outfield! (Rengifo, Walsh, Gosselin, Ward, Ohtani) etc.

J-Up is a sunk cost. They can either platoon him and get some value for their money, or, be on the losing side of a prospect swap to offload him, all the while paying for the lion's share of what is owed to him.  Even if he were to accept a trade, which seems on the surface to be unlikely, it's pretty clear that you get better value ($ & asset management-wise) by keeping him as a platoon player and OF depth than paying him to play elsewhere.  Besides, the scenario changes a bit at the 2022 trade deadline depending on how the Angels are doing and how his contract year goes.  It may make sense then but not just to clear a path for two still-developing youngsters with no mlb ready positional depth behind them in the organization.

2 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

I would prefer Trout, Marsh, Adell.

This calf injury is maybe a wake up call that Trout needs to move to LF, being age 30 with some 9 years of CF wear and tear?

Both Marsh and Adell have the better arms, although Trout’s is significantly better than when he first debuted.

It's unfortunate that' Trout's body is already breaking down, each year he seems to be out for longer periods of time than the previous year for what seems like the last 3 years. Hopefully he'll be healthy enough by the start of spring training (Fingers crossed). 

But who knows when Spring training is going to start with the expiring CBA the delay will probably work in our favor.    

On 9/2/2021 at 2:30 PM, Angel Oracle said:

I would prefer Trout, Marsh, Adell.

This calf injury is maybe a wake up call that Trout needs to move to LF, being age 30 with some 9 years of CF wear and tear?

Both Marsh and Adell have the better arms, although Trout’s is significantly better than when he first debuted.

When Mike decides he wants and is ready to move to Left is when it happens.