• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hope for 2022

34 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

When I lived in OK, there was one within walking distance of my apartment. Used to go there all the time. The closest one is around Phoenix, I believe.

There’s one near Tempe Diablo Stadium. I assume it’s still there.

11 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

We have five of them here, have never gone to one.

One place I have never been is Las Vegas. Interesting that Shake Shack hasn't achieved market share outside of NYC but there is positive room for growth in major markets.  There should be one closer to Angels Stadium though.  There is one in CitiField and at LaGuardia Airport and of course many in Manhattan.

I wonder how 22 Will shake out. 21, you’re coming off a pandemic shortened season. Your lineup has several veterans and holes and stuff and you fill them on the cheap. 

You don’t know what Ohtani will look like as a pitcher or a hitter.What is the rotation like? Who plays RF? Can Walsh and Bundy play a full season the way they did in the partial seasons? What happens at SS? What’s the reconstructed pen gonna look like?

They answered some of these but they didn’t answer them all and they still have some other questions. 

Gotta let Thaiss catch some major league games this season. The fact that he’s doing it successfully in AAA is nice, but can he handle a major league staff? If he can you have your catching duo for 2022 and 2023 Probably. Considering they’ve added a catcher in the off-season for most of the past 10 seasons, would be nice to figure this out internally for once.

2021 SuzukI, 2020 Castro 2019 Lucroy and Stassi 2018 Maldonado 2017 Maldonado 2016 Soto 2015 Iannetta. No other position has had that kind of turnover. We’ve had a lot of 2B between Kendrick and Fletcher and 3rd was a black hole between Glaus and Rendon.

But C has been as volatile.

You’re probably set at all three OF positions, one MINF position, 1B, 3B, DH,  and C. 

I’d bring up Stefanic to see if he can hit like this in the majors 

If he can and he can defend, he could be part of a homegrown middle infield.

There are also a lot of SS on the free agent market in all budget ranges.

They have a lot of young exciting pitching in the pen, but you need veteran leadership in the rotation. Heaney is gone, Bundy has been much more like Baltimore Bundy than 2020 Bundy. Quintana is terrible. Cobb has been ok but hurt. So new veteran leadership needed. Stroman or Scherzer would be my picks and maybe a guy in the Cobb or Jon Gray or Danny Duffy mold. You also need veteran leadership in the pen and you have that if you resign Iglesias. I’d also grab one more veteran arm.

On 8/26/2021 at 7:18 AM, Robrock30 said:

One place I have never been is Las Vegas. Interesting that Shake Shack hasn't achieved market share outside of NYC but there is positive room for growth in major markets.  There should be one closer to Angels Stadium though.  There is one in CitiField and at LaGuardia Airport and of course many in Manhattan.

The first one opened at New York New York Hotel, I'm sure tying in with the Manhattan theme.

17 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

The first one opened at New York New York Hotel, I'm sure tying in with the Manhattan theme.

The Company is a Wall Street favorite because its Founder Danny Meyer owns successful high end restaurants in NYC which I am familiar with.  It has been a volatile good trading stock since its IPO running up prior to quarterly earnings and trades at it's high growth potential.  Expansion and sales growth have been a bit slow for me though.  I continue to follow and do my research which includes my first hand experience sampling their offerings. I have hope that they can become the next Starbucks which has been my all time MVP.