• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

DFA Quintana and Slegers

failos

The only reason I am somewhat ok with releasing these guys is we have so many guys that have to be on the 40 man roster next year.  What I don’t want is for us to have bullpen games by design.  I don’t want to rush a guy to the big leagues where it has a chance to stunt real development.  We already have three of our starters down with injuries, so keeping Quintana to throw out there once a week isn’t the end of the world if it keeps the innings down for guys with actual potential.  Either way in a season like this I don’t care.  

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I mean, surely there's 2 guys who could use a look over these two? We're essentially auditioning for 2022 so why are we still throwing Quintana and Slegers out there? We know exactly what they are.

Give me literally anything else. 

All I can think of is the team is being cautious with innings on young arms and by the beginning of September Quintana and perhaps others will get a chance to get paid for playing golf. But I agree this is the time to see what’s there prospect wise.  Not making the playoffs so what’s the worst that can happen?  We lose more games (we might win more, actually) and our spot in the draft improves.

9 minutes ago, Hells Rainbow said:

The only reason I am somewhat ok with releasing these guys is we have so many guys that have to be on the 40 man roster next year.  What I don’t want is for us to have bullpen games by design.  I don’t want to rush a guy to the big leagues where it has a chance to stunt real development.  We already have three of our starters down with injuries, so keeping Quintana to throw out there once a week isn’t the end of the world if it keeps the innings down for guys with actual potential.  Either way in a season like this I don’t care.  

I agree with this. The season is going nowhere and it does not hurt the Angels to run those guys out there. Winning games at this point is pointless. It just sucks for the fans having to watch them. 

Keep Quintana, who cares if he sucks, he still has value to us in filling for our young starters who either get hurt or just start getting shelled at the major league level.  Need to have a couple innings eaters around to mop up if nothing else

4 hours ago, Hells Rainbow said:

… so keeping Quintana to throw out there once a week isn’t the end of the world if it keeps the innings down for guys with actual potential.  

Well, he only lasted an inning and a third today, so…

22 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I mean, surely there's 2 guys who could use a look over these two? We're essentially auditioning for 2022 so why are we still throwing Quintana and Slegers out there? We know exactly what they are.

Give me literally anything else. 

This was a clear situation of setting up the young guys for a comeback. To show them how to come back from 10 runs down. THis is all about development. WE should all have a Quintana in our work place to prepare us for the worst.