• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels’ Mike Trout still ‘feeling something’ in his calf, set to see doctor on Monday

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/2021-trade-value-11-to-20/

Fangraph's annual trade value series wrapped up today.  Trout is listed 13th (Ohtani is 17th).  Here's the write-up on Trout:

"#13 — Mike Trout, LAA, OF

Five-Year WAR +24.2
Guaranteed Dollars $334.05 M
Team Control Through 2030
Previous Rank #4
Year Age Projected WAR Contract Status
2022 30 +6.3 $37.1 M
2023 31 +5.7 $37.1 M
2024 32 +5.0 $37.1 M
2025 33 +4.0 $37.1 M
2026 34 +3.2 $37.1 M

Look, I don’t know. Even more than Cole, this one took some theorizing. Most teams in baseball wouldn’t be willing to take on Trout’s contract, regardless of return; that’s simply not how they operate. But concentrating so much value in a single position — penciling a perennial MVP candidate into your lineup every day until he declines — is such an attractive proposition that the bidding among teams that can afford him would be intense — even if, like in Cole’s case, any deal would be complicated.

That said, this might be Trout’s last year with such a lofty place on the list. His injury troubles have become more chronic than one-off, and the game has always been to squeeze out as many years of peak performance as possible before the back end of the deal kicks you in the teeth. That can be worth it if you’re not cash-constrained and are in the juicy part of the win curve, but it doesn’t take that many lost years to flip Trout from intriguing to albatross. If he misses one of the next three years (cumulatively) with injury, the deal flips from favorable to neutral. It’s even possible we’ve already missed the inflection point — that 2026 ZiPS is scary, though I’ll easily take the over on it. But while we did get feedback that Trout was too high, it was always a commentary on big contracts in general, not Trout in particular. For now, at least, there’s still the belief that he’s the best hitter in the game when he can play. – BC

The baseball world is a better place when Mike Trout is on an active roster, and the good news is that that seems like it will be happening again soon. I knew he was having a good season before his injury, but I didn’t realize until starting this series that his 2021 actually represented a career-best in terms of OPS, albeit in just 36 games. This year’s malady is a calf strain, but it should be noted that Trout is starting to get a reputation for being an outstanding player who tends to find himself on the Injured List once or twice a year, as thumb, wrist and foot issues limited him to an average of just 129 games over the last three full seasons.

Like most players, Trout has lost a step as he approaches 30, but he’s worked hard on his defense and is still mostly solid in center field. He’s also turned into a strong pull hitter and has seen his contact rates both in and out of the zone take a dip in recent times. It’s going to happen, folks. Mike Trout is (we are pretty certain) human, and like all of us, he is aging. He’s beginning to exit his prime, but since that prime was among the best in the history of baseball, a standard decline as he gets older should still leave him a star for the remainder of his deal. – KG"

16 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

This may sound stupid but I wonder if it is covid vaccine related. After my first shot I had hamstring issues. Doctor told me there have been many side effects. Especially in lower body. Doctor told me might take 6 to 8 months to go away. Trout calf he was just running to third. After all this time going back to doctor something does not add up.

...and really jogging more than running. He was simply running from 2nd to 3rd on a fly ball third out when he pulled up. Several months and still no idea if he's returning this year? Weird.

Im kind of hoping Marsh gets salty, and that pushes mike to come back soon.

With that beard and hair of his. A mix of owen wilson in zoolander, and carey elwes in days of thunder..... just salty, maybe wearing a wyatt earp duster jacket around the clubhouse. Also jim carrey in burt wonderstone works here.

First time trout runs into him in the clubhouse, marsh is just arrogant, and signs a ball for trout, like "oh, didnt know who you were"

Then trout goes through a montage scene, comes back with bodybuilder calves, and pulls a vlad 2004 final week and carries us to the playoffs.

Joe madden. M-V-P

2 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Im kind of hoping Marsh gets salty, and that pushes mike to come back soon.

With that beard and hair of his. A mix of owen wilson in zoolander, and carey elwes in days of thunder..... just salty, maybe wearing a wyatt earp duster jacket around the clubhouse. Also jim carrey in burt wonderstone works here.

First time trout runs into him in the clubhouse, marsh is just arrogant, and signs a ball for trout, like "oh, didnt know who you were"

Then trout goes through a montage scene, comes back with bodybuilder calves, and pulls a vlad 2004 final week and carries us to the playoffs.

Joe madden. M-V-P

I was going to post the exact same thing.

Except I was going to spell Maddon correctly.