• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels’ Mike Trout still ‘feeling something’ in his calf, set to see doctor on Monday

5 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

You mean a guy with a career OPS+ of 112 who also has the 4th-most defensive WAR ever?  Yeah, they're everywhere.

Be nice to @Lou - at least his statistical knowledge has advanced to the 1990s. Think of him as newly discovering Rob Neyer.

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I’m actually pretty surprised we’re .500 with this pen and very little from Trout and Rendon. 

Which also means this is a pretty good team, considering they've gotten very little from their two best position players. Trout would probably be at 6+ WAR by now, Rendon 4 WAR. They've accumulated 3.1 WAR between the two of them, along with overall replacement level subs.  That's a 7-win swing, which brings them to 56-42, which is a 92.5 game pace.

In other words, the true talent level of this team is probably around 90-93 wins, with Trout and Rendon healthy. A lot of that is due to Ohtani and the young starters. If Minasian can re-make the bullpen, I like this team next year.

Yeah, because ops+ is so complicated to grasp. Wow, he was 12% better than the average player. 

MLB should retire his number. We'll never see the likes of him again. 

Btw, Tim Salmon's ops+ is 13 points higher than Ripken's. 

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

Yeah, because ops+ is so complicated to grasp. Wow, he was 12% better than the average player. 

MLB should retire his number. We'll never see the likes of him again. 

Btw, Tim Salmon's ops+ is 13 points higher than Ripken's. 

Do you need a hug?

Happy Season 3 GIF by Friends

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

Ha. You guys are the ones who got their panties in a bunch over Shea Hillenbrand. 

How dare you besmirch the almighty Cal, Jr!

Well, if we're being a bit serious about this, Cal was a good player for a long time, but was only great for a few years - in the early 80s, and then 1991. His 92.5 career fWAR combines a few MVP caliber seasons and a bunch of good to very good ones, but he wasn't a Trout or Mays or Mantle.

Meaning, he was a Tom Glavine or Don Sutton, but not a Pedro or Randy Johnson.

Edited by Angelsjunky

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

Well, if we're being a bit serious about this, Cal was a good player for a long time, but was only great for a few years - in the early 80s, and then 1991. His 92.5 career fWAR combines a few MVP caliber seasons and a bunch of good to very good ones, but he wasn't a Trout or Mays or Mantle.

Exactly.

He should have taken days off. He didn't help anyone by being stubborn.

1 hour ago, JustATroutFan said:

At this point, I can't blame anyone who thinks that Trout could be done for the season . I mean, WTF!!!??? Stupid injury didn't even looked that serious a first. But this is the Angels that we're talking about. Just a poorly run organization. This organization just has bad, weird things happening to them. The weirdest might be Morales getting injured after stepping onto home plate after hitting a walk-off in 2010. 

Morales would have been fine if he stepped on home plate. He jump on it and slipped

4 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Has something happened to your brain recently?  Your posts are becoming increasingly bizarre.  Hillenbrand's career OPS+ is 95.  He was a below average hitter.  Ripken's was 112, as I've already stated.  Hillenbrand was also not a good defensive player.  

Here is the problem:

You mentioned Ripkins career OPS like it's supposed to impressive.  It isnt when you consider Hillibrand is higher.

You should have just mentioned the career hits, OPS plus, Def war.  

3 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

Tom played for Dodgers.

Saw him play in a game against the Astros at Dodger Stadium in 1975 - the same vacation trip with my parents that brought me to the Big A for the first time. As I recall, he played the outfield that game and made a really nice catch against the wall.

2 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Saw him play in a game against the Astros at Dodger Stadium in 1975 - the same vacation trip with my parents that brought me to the Big A for the first time. As I recall, he played the outfield that game and made a really nice catch against the wall.

I remember listening  to that game on my transistor radio. It sounded like a great catch

40 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Here is the problem:

You mentioned Ripkins career OPS like it's supposed to impressive.  It isnt when you consider Hillibrand is higher.

You should have just mentioned the career hits, OPS plus, Def war.  

I think you're confusing me with Lou, maybe?  Or else I have no clue what you're talking about.  I didn't mention Ripken's actual OPS.  I mentioned his OPS+, which is significantly higher than Hillebrand's. 

3 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Juan Rivera hit him hard on top of his head and stunned him. That made him hit the plate at an awkward angle. 

Wasn't Mathis seen on the grassy knoll just before the incident?