• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels minor leaguers blast Arte Moreno for terrible living conditions

mmc

12 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

You are happy to work for shit pay.  Cool.  Congrats.  Again, don't see why anyone would see that as a good situation.

I have always been paid fairly.  Yes that is a good thing.  And working hard brings you opportunities others who whine likely won’t get.

And now, I am very comfortable.

You don’t get it.  Seriously.

If the dude don’t like the job, he should quit. Arte gave  him the opportunity of a lifetime and he just isn’t good enjoy to take advantage of it. My son plays soccer in Mexico. He gets 1k a month, meals, and lives in a dorm room inside the training facility. Not a glamorous  lifestyle but he is thrilled to have the opportunity. 

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

I have always been paid fairly.  Yes that is a good thing.  And working hard brings you opportunities others who whine likely won’t get.

Because you have always been paid fairly, it makes it difficult for you to relate to those who haven't.

1 minute ago, Kotchman said:

If the dude don’t like the job, he should quit. Arte have him the opportunity of a lifetime and he just isn’t good enjoy to take advantage of it. My son plays soccer in Mexico. He gets 1k a month, meals, and lives in a dorm room inside the training facility. Not a glamorous  lifestyle but he is thrilled to have the opportunity. 

I was wondering when cals would finally post in this thread.

Just now, Lou said:

They're paid fairly. 

A couple of us have explained that $2,500 a month (before taxes) isn't very much for someone to live on in 2021. 

Unless they're kc's son and they get paid 11,000 pesos per month.

Just now, Dtwncbad said:

Seriously, I do.  I'm pretty darn comfortable right now, through a combination of hard work, determination--and plain ol' good luck/right place, right time.  I didn't whine about working hard--but I do know that there were times when I literally worked myself into the hospital because I was concerned that if I didn't keep pushing myself, someone else would get ahead of me.  I learned the hard way that that's not worth it.

But, again, why is it "fair" for anyone to be paid such a low wage that they can't survive in a normal/average fashion?  I refuse to accept that that's ever a "good thing."

Just now, Taylor said:

A couple of us have explained that $2,500 a month (before taxes) isn't very much for someone to live on in 2021. 

Unless they're kc's son and they get paid 11,000 pesos per month.

Families live on that. If a single guy can't, he's doing it wrong.