• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels minor leaguers blast Arte Moreno for terrible living conditions

mmc

1 minute ago, TBM-850 said:

Penny wise and pound foolish. Arte is not cheap but he wins the Chairman Mao Misallocation of Resources award.

Sleep and nutrition are the two most important factors in avoiding injury and recovering from injury. Lack of proper sleep (slow wave 0.5 to 4 HZ in particular) is absolutely vital. It doesn't just happen. I notice a huge difference between 30 minutes and 2 hours of deep sleep.

Eating garbage fast food while trying to recover from the previous start? A starting pitcher loads and unloads huge forces into muscles, tendons, ligaments about 100 times. Some damage is done no matter what. There aren't any magical mechanics that can avoid it. The pitchers who heal completely between starts are those who avoid injury. Yes, there is almost certainly a genetic component but hitting the vital sleep/nutrition part should be easy.

Humans can only make about 3 grams of glycine per day (even assuming plenty of sleep and abundant essential aminos). Is that enough for an athlete to rebuild after a start. I doubt it but why risk it? Steak is cheap compared to TJ surgery. Feed these guys.

Even ignoring the human side of it, these are multimillion dollar investments at stake. I doubt the bean-counters thought this one through.

Grocery stores have nutritional food. 

Sold flowers on the street corner.

Worked as a dishwasher.

Waited tables.

Did janitorial work at night.

Worked as a painter.

Sanded boat bottoms by hand (fuck that was hard).

Drove a shuttle to the airport for $1 tips.

Shoveled rocks and dirt for cash.

Delivered pizza.

I could go on.

None of these jobs paid a “living wage” but I certainly lived.

And it all works out if you decide to take care of yourself and work hard and quit whining that somebody else owes you something.

19 minutes ago, TBM-850 said:

Penny wise and pound foolish. Arte is not cheap but he wins the Chairman Mao Misallocation of Resources award.

Sleep and nutrition are the two most important factors in avoiding injury and recovering from injury. Lack of proper sleep (slow wave 0.5 to 4 HZ in particular) is absolutely vital. It doesn't just happen. I notice a huge difference between 30 minutes and 2 hours of deep sleep.

Eating garbage fast food while trying to recover from the previous start? A starting pitcher loads and unloads huge forces into muscles, tendons, ligaments about 100 times. Some damage is done no matter what. There aren't any magical mechanics that can avoid it. The pitchers who heal completely between starts are those who avoid injury. Yes, there is almost certainly a genetic component but hitting the vital sleep/nutrition part should be easy.

Humans can only make about 3 grams of glycine per day (even assuming plenty of sleep and abundant essential aminos). Is that enough for an athlete to rebuild after a start. I doubt it but why risk it? Steak is cheap compared to TJ surgery. Feed these guys.

Even ignoring the human side of it, these are multimillion dollar investments at stake. I doubt the bean-counters thought this one through.

This is the view I share. The Angels are missing an opportunity to increase the likelihood of the success of potential multi-million dollar assets by failing to invest in proper nutrition. Football (soccer) and Cricket are years ahead of baseball in this regard. 

2 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

This is the view I share. The Angels are missing an opportunity to increase the likelihood of the success of potential multi-million dollar assets by failing to invest in proper nutrition. Football (soccer) and Cricket are years ahead of baseball in this regard. 

Our soccer team sucks. Wasting money, i guess.