• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brandon Marsh called up, Kean Wong optioned

Yeah i'm a bit confused with this move in general. 

First off, congrats to Marsh. With the injuries he dealt with and the recent passing of his father, it's a cool moment for him for sure.

I'm a bit confused with this move, however. He's only played in 28 minor league games this season (24 in AAA, 4 in ACL for rehab).

To me, this seams purely like a defensive move for outfield help. Maddon says he has a chance at staying on the big club for the rest of the season which makes this whole situation extremely weird. 

Marsh LF, Trout CF, Eaton RF...... Assuming Upton comes back we'd get stuck with Upton, Marsh, Eaton, Trout, Ward and Lagares (could use his glove)......

Then what happens with Adell? The offense he's provided in AAA should warrant a call-up when rosters expand. 

Upton/Trout/Marsh/Adell..... plus Eaton/Ward/Lagares? oh boy....

Edited by angelsnationtalk

49 minutes ago, eligrba said:

I wonder if Trout is being moved to right or left field due to his calf injury and the chances of a reoccurring injury?

Could be.....or it could be as simple as they think he is ready for a shot and, if he shows something, they'll figure things out when Trout and Upton come back....

2 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Wonder if Upton's injury will leave him out even longer and Marsh is here for that. I'm okay with that. Either way, I hope Marsh is up for the rest of the season as long as he doesn't look completely overmatched. 

I kind of wondered about that also....there was at least a tentative time frame for Rendon and Trout to return but things seemed a little more up in the air with Upton.....maybe I am reading too  much in to that....

Just now, DMVol said:

I kind of wondered about that also....there was at least a tentative time frame for Rendon and Trout to return but things seemed a little more up in the air with Upton.....maybe I am reading too  much in to that....

I don't think you are--or, at least, if you're reading too much into that, so am I!  🙂 It doesn't seem like they would have called up Marsh and basically told him "you're going to be playing all the time" if there wasn't some concern about Upton and/or Trout--especially since they just signed Eaton a couple days before and ALSO said he was going to be playing more or less full-time. 

6 minutes ago, cals said:

Imagine your average AW poster talking to a hot chick.

If I recall right, didn’t he strike out looking on a horrible call that was clearly a ball in his first at bat. I missed the next two but the last one he hit a liner down the 1b line that was stopped on a nice defensive play. 

IMO didn’t look terrible, we’ll see tonight I guess. 

7 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

If I recall right, didn’t he strike out looking on a horrible call that was clearly a ball in his first at bat. I missed the next two but the last one he hit a liner down the 1b line that was stopped on a nice defensive play. 

Correct.

1 hour ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Thanks to Country Bumpkin Joe West.

Is it true that the Bumpkin is finally retiring after the season?

Can he please take Angel Hernandez with him?

His first two singles looked like you could draw a 8 foot circle in the outfield and both landed inside it. His double down the left field line in the 9th was a thing of beauty. He looked like he placed the ball there instead of swinging and it just happened to go opposite field.