• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Aybar and Kendrick

Kendrick ranks 4th in batting average, 4th in OBP and 5th in OPS for all second baseman in the majors. Wallyworld has no clue about what he is talking about and those agreeing with him know less because they are just following a whiner's baseless complaint.

Kendrick ranks 4th in batting average, 4th in OBP and 5th in OPS for all second baseman in the majors. Wallyworld has no clue about what he is talking about and those agreeing with him know less because they are just following a whiner's baseless complaint.

the whole point of my post is that when you look beyond the numbers and watch the guy actually play, he hurts as much as he helps.  He's also riding a hot streak right now, which we've seen before, and pretty soon he's gonna go cold and be back down to .285, where he always is.  Disagree with me if you want, but do it respectfully and don't tell me I'm a whiner or I have no clue what I'm talking about.

the whole point of my post is that when you look beyond the numbers and watch the guy actually play, he hurts as much as he helps.  He's also riding a hot streak right now, which we've seen before, and pretty soon he's gonna go cold and be back down to .285, where he always is.  Disagree with me if you want, but do it respectfully and don't tell me I'm a whiner or I have no clue what I'm talking about.

Not sure what you're seeing when you're watching but it's deceiving you. Your perception is not reality. 

HK's deal is fine...2B is a tough position to find good offensive/defensive combo.  At .750-.800 OPS + above defense is a solid player

Aybar's deal is decent, I guess.  He's a still a mental midget and, if given the choice, I would have kept Segura.

Aybar and Howie....mediocrity awarded!

Other than 1 GG season, neither of them had done anything to merit extensions.

Warm bodies filling spots, just like Callapso.

Hated it it then, and even with Howie's 2013 season...still do.

Those contracts were red flagged writings on the wall about the future.

Lock up some warm bodies and bring in some big names.

I am glad he is doing well, it makes him tradeable.

Use him to get some Minor League pitching from a contender before he cools off.

Yeah and we can call up... err... uhh... oh yeah we don't have anyone to take his place!

Lets trade one of our best hitters... hooray!

So you must be convinced that he is going to hit 300+ for the rest of his career here, or do you still believe this season matters?

To me that is the only way you DON'T trade him for some pitching if a deal comes along.

I don't buy into either of the above, so I say get something decent for him while you can.

Even putting stats aside, how are Aybar and Howie not winning players?

Let's start with Aybar. The guy has been a spark plug and brings energy to the club everyday. Without him, there is not a single player on this team except Trout that brings his kind of energy everyday.

Then Howie. He has shown he is a team player. He has played 1st base when he first got called up and played left field when asked. I don't remember ever hearing him complain. Not many players would be willing to fill in other positions if they are already anchored somewhere. Both these guys are winning players

Aybar and Howie....mediocrity awarded!

Other than 1 GG season, neither of them had done anything to merit extensions.

Warm bodies filling spots, just like Callapso.

Hated it it then, and even with Howie's 2013 season...still do.

Those contracts were red flagged writings on the wall about the future.

Lock up some warm bodies and bring in some big names.

I really don't understand what you're expecting the Angels to do here? You can't have elite players at every position so whilst we may not have pedroia or cano or tulo, the two guys we have are in that next level below elite at their position. Sometimes I don't think some of you guys will be happy until the whole team are all star, elite players.

So you must be convinced that he is going to hit 300+ for the rest of his career here, or do you still believe this season matters?

To me that is the only way you DON'T trade him for some pitching if a deal comes along.

I don't buy into either of the above, so I say get something decent for him while you can.

We don't have anyone as good as Howie to play 2b next year or the year after either.  You don't accomplish anything by trading him except opening a new hole.

So in other words, ignore the BA, the OPS and comparing them to other 2nd baseman.  If you do you will conclude he sucks!