• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout placed on 10 day IL with right calf strain, estimated to miss 6-8 weeks

mmc

1 minute ago, nando714 said:

Guys like Upton and Rendon really gotta start showing up 

fletcher too. Dude has been disappointing 

LOL to Upton showing up.  Dude has been benched more often than not lately.  I mean, I guess he probably HAS to play more now--but I've seen nothing in the past 3 years or so to indicate he can contribute over a long period of time.

There goes his chances of being the MVP for the fourth time. He probably won catch Bonds and his 7 MVPs but being tied for the second most MVPs, at worst, isn't so bad. And his chances at setting the all-time strikeout record has dropped, so that's good. It would be kind of odd if some kid ask his parents one day, "Mon, dad, I know Trout was an excellent two-way player for awhile but how do you explain him having the most strikeouts ever by a hitter in MLB history?" 

1 minute ago, JustATroutFan said:

There goes his chances of being the MVP for the fourth time. He probably won catch Bonds and his 7 MVPs but being tied for the second most MVPs, at worst, isn't so bad. And his chances at setting the all-time strikeout record has dropped, so that's good. It would be kind of odd if some kid ask his parents one day, "Mon, dad, I know Trout was an excellent two-way player for awhile but how do you explain him having the most strikeouts ever by a hitter in MLB history?" 

Who gives a fuck about any of that

Not counting 2011, here are the Angels season-by-season records without Trout in 162-game seasons (2012-2019):

2012: 8-15

2013: 2-3

2014: 2-3

2015: 1-2

2016: 1-2

2017: 23-25

2018: 11-11

2019: 11-17 

I don't include 2011 because Trout wasn't Trout yet. From looking at the records for the Angels when Trout doesn't play, it's not good. That includes 2017, when Young Jr. stepped up in Trout's absence, but it only got them a 23-25 record without Trout.