• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout placed on 10 day IL with right calf strain, estimated to miss 6-8 weeks

mmc

9 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Really no reason not to give Adell/Marsh some run in the OF at this point. Team is in last place already anyway

I think you gotta do whatever it takes at this point to play .500 baseball. We're only 6 games behind the A's.

If the team just seriously tanks in the next few weeks then I agree, call up Marsh for CF. 

Gotta agree with our twitter guy (whichever one it was who tweeted this). 

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

He's going to ask for a trade because he got hurt and is harming his team's playoff chances?

Not because he got hurt, 6 seasons of losing with next year needing 4 new starters and 6 to 7 in bullpen. Another year of rebuilding halo pitching. No body knows what's in his head. Just asking if he would.

7 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I think you gotta do whatever it takes at this point to play .500 baseball. We're only 6 games behind the A's.

If the team just seriously tanks in the next few weeks then I agree, call up Marsh for CF. 

Gotta agree with our twitter guy (whichever one it was who tweeted this). 

While I admire the optimism, I think it's highly unlikely that the Angels' record is going to improve without Trout--which is what playing .500 baseball would be.  I'm trying to see a silver lining, but, man, it's hard to right now.  Yes, I understand Rendon has been out and other guys haven't been performing--but Walsh has probably been playing over his head a little and will return to Earth a bit, so they kind of balance either other out in my mind.  Who the heck knows what's up with Fletcher at this point?  And I think it's becoming clearer with each passing day that Upton just kinda is who he is at this point. 

I guess SOME sort of silver lining could be a return to some sort of balance in the fielding metrics that are bringing down the pitchers' performances to some degree...But still not sure just how much of a positive impact that will ultimately have. 

I'll keep watching and hoping.

The fact is the Angels went 18-22 with a healthy Trout. This team is good enough to get above .500 without him  but the team has drastically underperformed. So will the team throw in the towel after this news or will they man the fuck up and start playing how they should? Please be the latter...

44 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Welp, see you all in a couple months.

32 minutes ago, rageous said:

Season over.

See you guys next year.

17 minutes ago, IheartLA said:

season over

46 minutes ago, Bronson said:

Well there goes the season. Frustrating.

43 minutes ago, Chris said:

Season over

I think things got interesting... Ohtani is emerging as a tremendous force.  Still have Rendon.  Walsh is coming into own, big time.

I'll keep tuning in to see how this journey unfolds. 

The Angels' record could easily improve by the time Trout is back.

He is the most valuable player in baseball, but it's baseball.  One guy can only be so valuable.   

Say he misses 1/4 of the season.   Let's say we expect 8 WAR over the course of a season.  That's two wins.    That could easily be made up with better defense, better luck on the pitching side, Rendon heating up, and Fletcher doing what he should.  

At the end of the day we’re below .500 with trout.  The bats have been cold a few times but mostly the issue is pitching.  That’s still the issue.  We have enough in the line up to carry on without Trout for 4 or 6 or 8 weeks.  Whatever it is.  It’s not an excuse.  We need the guys that we have to perform. 

9 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

The fact is the Angels went 18-22 with a healthy Trout. This team is good enough to get above .500 without him  but the team has drastically underperformed. So will the team throw in the towel after this news or will they man the fuck up and start playing how they should? Please be the latter...

Trout was only hitting .182 in the last 15 games. Hopefully he comes back in 6 weeks and we're right in the thick of things stll.