• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout back in LF

I can't believe that the Tigers disrespected M. Cabrera by moving him to 3B after they signed Prince F. It's amazing that his offense has been even better since the Tigers disrespected him and moved him to 3B. I'm sure he's upset and he's going to leave the Tigers when he becomes a free agent in a few years!

Seems like quite a few of you don't actually watch the games.

Defensive Bourjous is a lot like Baserunner Bourjous. You think, "this guys gonna be great!" Sadly it's just not the case.

This post is a special kind of wrong.

I have no problem debating who is a better CF between the two, because they're both really good(although I'm of the opinion that Bourjos has more range by a noticeable amount, and an arm that is significantly better than Trout's wet noddle),  but the idea that Bourjos isn't a top tier defensive CFer is just flat out incorrect.

Seems like quite a few of you don't actually watch the games.

Defensive Bourjous is a lot like Baserunner Bourjous. You think, "this guys gonna be great!" Sadly it's just not the case.

A player can be great on defense at getting a good jump when a ball is hit but not be as good at reading a pitcher. (His speed is a given)

Since we are already in June  ... this is the right move for now. Although, I've yet to see this stellar defense everyone was talking about before the season. The defense is real good ... just not stellar, even when Bourjos was playing CF.

Trout will be fine ... just not jumping for joy.

Does anyone make adjustments as well as Trout?

Career numbers when facing the starting pitcher (updated with today's home run):

1st at bat:

BA .250

Slg. .440

2nd at bat:

BA .329

Slg. .580

3rd at bat

BA .385

Slg. .695

4th at bat

BA .375

Slg. .792

It's so cute when storm gets all condescending.

glad you like.  However, if you don't want me to be condescending on their logic, than please use logic.  There is no logic to the the premise that Trout hits better in CF than LF.  Not unless Trout is weak mentally.  However, I go with the premise that Trout is not weak mentally because he made the majors at the age of 20.  If there was something to the premise Trout hitting better in CF than it would have shown in the sample last year.  

And yes, I maybe condescending when I know Correlation does not equal causation, no matter how many times I repeat it on a message board.

I guess I'm the only one who pays attention when he does everything right but catch the ball.

Or perhaps my perception is a special kind of wrong.

Naw.

In 256 games started Bourjos has 6 errors and 20 outfield assists.

In 233 games started Trout has 8 errors and 3 outfield assists.

Don't quote me stats. When PBJ runs 100 feet and bounces off the wall or has it clank off the heal of his glove, those are called hits, even though since he got there, there's no reason for him to miss it.

And I'm sure 90% of those assists were from balls that bounced off Bourjous' glove, arm or back of his head and then the other outfielder picked it up and the guy gets thrown out trying to take 3rd.

You must be thinking of someone else. You must not have been watching Trout in CF this year and you didn't see that play where the ball bounced off his glove and over the wall for a HR. If he didn't get his glove on the ball, it would've never been a HR.