• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout back in LF

cal, you are trying to hard. Oh and you are just plain wrong. I love Trout but his routes to balls are not clean and watching him run to the gap, slow just a bit, then dive only to miss the ball was getting a bit old. Especially knowing that we have a better option on the DL.

This is silly, the only people who are up in arms about this move are people who already can't stand Sosh.

It could be minorly debatable, but in the annals of bad moves, this doesn't cause a blip.

I can't stand Sosh, but I think the OF is MUCH better with Trout in LF and Bourjos in CF. This whole "he hits better in center" opinion is pure garbage. His position in the field has nothing to do with his production at the plate.

I guess I'm the only one who pays attention when he does everything right but catch the ball.

Or perhaps my perception is a special kind of wrong.

Naw.

In 256 games started Bourjos has 6 errors and 20 outfield assists.

In 233 games started Trout has 8 errors and 3 outfield assists.

Those two stats are nearly meaningless in measuring the true defensive ability of fielders

Trout 2013

As LF: .321 wOBA 105 wRC+

As CF: .428 wOBA 178wRC+

Yes, clearly garbage and untrue.

Uh, no it doesnt. 

Post hoc ergo propter hoc

So if I have this straight, calscuf is just a normal kind of wrong, Hollyw00d only uses stats that advance his position on the subject, and LT is boning up on his law Latin. Cool.

Oh, and Trout playing in LF won't matter one way or another.  

Trout 2013

As LF: .321 wOBA 105 wRC+

As CF: .428 wOBA 178wRC+

Yes, clearly garbage and untrue.

Yes it is garbage and untrue. Just because Trout got hot at about the same time that Bourjos went on the DL does not mean that it has any relation to the corresponding move to CF. It could be that Trout was in a slump in April (it happens) and he got hot after making some adjustments at the plate. It could be that his getting hot also corresponded to his being moved to second in the order (which can have a measurable effect on one's performance at the plate, unlike a change in fielding position).

To those who think that Trout is a better HITTER because of where he plays in the OUTFIELD, show me actual empirical evidence. I equate this "theory" (in quotes because there is no scientific or empirical evidence supporting it) to that of "Intelligent Design".

- Trout takes over CF for Bourjos in 2012 and puts together one of the greatest rookie campaigns of all time

- Bourjos moves Trout back to LF in 2013 and Trout sucks for a month

- Bourjos goes on the DL and Trout ascends to chosen-one status in CF again

The only logical conclusion is that Mike Trout hates Peter Bourjos.  

- Trout takes over CF for Bourjos in 2012 and puts together one of the greatest rookie campaigns of all time

- Bourjos moves Trout back to LF in 2013 and Trout sucks for a month

- Bourjos goes on the DL and Trout ascends to chosen-one status in CF again

The only logical conclusion is that MIke Trout hates Peter Bourjos.  

This is a more valid argument than saying playing left field hurts his offense. 

1st inning: Trout is hitting .217/.277/.417/.694.

2nd inning: Trout is hitting .111/.111/.333/.444.

9th inning: Trout is hitting .235/.381/.294/.675.

Extra innings: Trout is hitting .125/.222/.125/.347

All other innings: Trout is hitting: .361/.494/.663/1.157

Conclusion: Trout should only bat from the 3rd-8th innings.

I can play the correlation game as well.

So if I have this straight, calscuf is just a normal kind of wrong, Hollyw00d only uses stats that advance his position on the subject, and LT is boning up on his law Latin. Cool.

Oh, and Trout playing in LF won't matter one way or another.

law Latin?

Harold Reynolds argues every day that Trout should be in CF and moving to left affects his offense.

If you're agreeing with Harold Reynolds, you might want to rethink this issue. 

He just did, once again, on "MLB Now". As Brian Kenney mentioned to him, "This is your pet project."

He just did, once again, on "MLB Now". As Brian Kenney mentioned to him, "This is your pet project."

Yup that's what I'm watching. He says it's "unfair" to move him around like this. 

Harold Reynolds is one of the most narrow minded analysts I've ever seen in sports so I have no reason to even try to side with his reasoning.