• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

大谷翔平 - The Official Shohei Ohtani Thread

I posted this in Gameday:

Overall fWAR: 7.2 (1st)

Batting fWAR: 4.6 (5th)

Pitching fWAR: 2.6 (26th)

Everyone ahead of him in pitching fWAR has more innings pitched. 

wRC+: 167 (2nd)

ERA: 2.79 (12th)

FIP: 3.20 (12th)

SLG: .648 (1st)

HR: 40 (1st)

RBI: 87 (4th)

Runs: 80 (8th)

Also, he became the 4th Angel to hit 40 HR in a season, first left-handed batter:

47 Glaus, 2000

45 Trout, 2019

41 Trout, 2015

41 Glaus, 2001

40 Pujols, 2015

40 Ohtani, 2021

Edited by Angelsjunky

On 8/15/2021 at 3:14 AM, Chuckster70 said:

Can you imagine if he hit 50 HR, stole 25 bases and pitched to a 2.50 ERA with 150 Ks & 10 Wins.

What's insane is all of the above is within reach if he finishes strong on both sides of the game.

He's the Modern Day Babe Ruth together with Mike Trout this Team should be Tops.

It's a bit of a Longshot, but AL Cy Young is not out of the question.  The other top contenders have 30 more innings.  Rodon couldt fall off a bit, innings wise.  You never know who else.

I was surprised Ohtani's innings weren't further off.  

Gold glove isn't out of the question either.  He's a great fielder. 

9 hours ago, ScottT said:

It's a bit of a Longshot, but AL Cy Young is not out of the question.  The other top contenders have 30 more innings.  Rodon couldt fall off a bit, innings wise.  You never know who else.

I was surprised Ohtani's innings weren't further off.  

Gold glove isn't out of the question either.  He's a great fielder. 

Rodon is currently on the IL for the past two weeks, no word on when returning.    Currently has 109 innings.

Right now I could see Ohtani, if pitching 30-35 more innings and still pitching great, finishing no worse than 3rd or 4th for the Cy Young.

Lynn and Cole are the likely current favorites.

Edited by Angel Oracle

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

Shohei needs more time off - I think he's showing exhaustion. I'd give him one game off per week for the rest of the year, at least. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Maddon won't do it but Ohtani should sit out the next series, put Upton in as DH. 

Agree with these. I would give him four straight days off and tell him to hit the beach or go fishing for some complete down time.