• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

大谷翔平 - The Official Shohei Ohtani Thread

Following Shohei's performances this year has been really fun and a privilege. Sure the season hasn't been competitive but this guy is redefining the boundaries of baseball and the possibility of future two way players.

Seeing comparisons to the great Willie Mays and A-Rod the first thing that pops into my head is yes, that's awesome, but those didn't pitch like an ace too! It's just incredible, and for me this season will stand strong in the memory for a long time. I can't wait to see what he does next year. Just incredible.

8 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I love Jayson Stark's take on Ohtani here. "Man is supposed to dream. Dream of doing things that have never been done before. This guy dreams! That's what he's doing. And he's allowing us to enjoy the dream. Why can't you enjoy the dream along with the rest of us?" 

Ohtani-san played as a pitcher and shortstop when he was in junior high school.  
When he joined Nippon-Ham Fighters (NPB), manager Kuriyama was thinking of making him as a shortstop like A-Rod, as an option other than 2-way player.

In 2018, Ohtani-san mentioned with MLB network interview on this point.

22 hours ago, ScottT said:

I just spent a few minutes reading responses to the MLB Facebook post asking if people agreed with Trout saying Ohtani should be MVP.

Not sure if it's funny or scary how dumb so many are.

I didnt use FB for years, probably since IG came out. Just kept it for messenger for people to get a hold of me (that never got on IG).

Maybe 2 weeks or so ago, for whatever reason I messed around on FB. Never knew there were groups on it, for baseball or anything else. (I think all that came after I stopped using it).

Dear lorrrrrrd. Theres some people on here with silly takes.....

But everyone on here is @Inside Pitch compared to what Im reading on there. The takes Ive read on ohtani vs vlad are mindblowing. 

And I get that some people dont like "new" stats. But theres a difference between "I dont believe in WAR" vs "Ohtani doesnt have any pressure, no playoffs".

The two standouts so far Ive read are "how do you know Vlad cant pitch" (and they were serious), and "its way easier for ohtani, since he doesnt have the wear and tear of playing the field every day"

And its not like all these people are Jays fans.

And Id bet 90 percent of them have no idea who Ray or Semien are. 

Also, it would appear most of them have no idea trout has missed the year.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I didnt use FB for years, probably since IG came out. Just kept it for messenger for people to get a hold of me (that never got on IG).

Maybe 2 weeks or so ago, for whatever reason I messed around on FB. Never knew there were groups on it, for baseball or anything else. (I think all that came after I stopped using it).

Dear lorrrrrrd. Theres some people on here with silly takes.....

But everyone on here is @Inside Pitch compared to what Im reading on there. The takes Ive read on ohtani vs vlad are mindblowing. 

And I get that some people dont like "new" stats. But theres a difference between "I dont believe in WAR" vs "Ohtani doesnt have any pressure, no playoffs".

The two standouts so far Ive read are "how do you know Vlad cant pitch" (and they were serious), and "its way easier for ohtani, since he doesnt have the wear and tear of playing the field every day"

And its not like all these people are Jays fans.

And Id bet 90 percent of them have no idea who Ray or Semien are. 

Also, it would appear most of them have no idea trout has missed the year.

They’re the ones who call in to Rogelio Chavez’ show.

On 6/22/2021 at 1:08 AM, ten ocho recon scout said:

20210621090628.jpg

The Japanese headband he wears is called a "hachimaki". The mark in the center of a "hachimaki" is a Japanese original crest named "mon", which symbolizes families and clans of Japanese people.  "Mon" are identified with more than 5,000 types.

Mon_(emblem)

This image is one of the kind of "kikyomon", which are stylized patterns of the flower of the bellflower (Platycodon, "kikyo" in Japanese). From more than 800 years ago, "kikyomon" had been used as clan crests by the several samurai corps.
Platycodon and kikyomon

The biography of AKECHI Mitsuhide, a samurai general who used "kikyomon", was broadcast on NHK  (Japanese public broadcasting) TV as the annual year-long historical drama from last year. Then, "kikyomon" became very familiar.