• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. White Sox (Opening Day 4-1-2021)

Chuck

There are two things I felt tonight that I haven't in a long time (concerning the Angels). 

1. When they were down, it didn't feel like a death sentence. I felt like they could come back. 

2. The TEAM won this game. We weren't relying on just Trout to carry them. Rendon had a great play at 3B and a single. Upton had an RBI single and clutch AB. Ohtani got on and stung the ball. Stassi went deep and threw a great runner out. Fletcher got on when it counted, got everything started. Iglesias played amazing D. Trout made a running over the shoulder catch and drove in a key run. Bundy, Slegers, NlMayers and Iglesias all pitched well.

A team victory.

2 minutes ago, cvdog said:

His pitches tail away from both RH's & LH's....you don't see that alot. As Mike said this team is different....it has chemistry. 

The stuff plays well. The fastball is firm enough, and he clearly is confident with both the slider and the change. That’s, well, really freaking good.

I have to say, and maybe @rafibombcan concur, but even with 13,000 in the stadium, it was legitimately loud in the stadium.  You could feel the excitement and it was awesome.  Maybe it was the 18 month layoff, whatever.

Great team win.  Pitching, defense, and a little luck.  I’m stoked, at least for tonight.  

2 minutes ago, failos said:

I partially blame Josh Paul as well. I remember throwing my remote against the wall that day....I was pretty heated.

I hated how JP became part of the coaching staff too. I won’t let that bitter memory spoil tonight’s win though

not that I am willing to give home plate ump Doug Eddings a pass on this -- he definitely messed the whole situation up and caused the confusion in the first place.

I just thought a catcher needs to act independently of the ump on a close play and not anticipate/ guess what the call may be - just assume it's going against you and that play is active.

Just now, PattyD22 said:

I have to say, and maybe @rafibombcan concur, but even with 13,000 in the stadium, it was legitimately loud in the stadium.  You could feel the excitement and it was awesome.  Maybe it was the 18 month layoff, whatever.

Great team win.  Pitching, defense, and a little luck.  I’m stoked, at least for tonight.  

It could be heard on the broadcast, and it was great.

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

There are two things I felt tonight that I haven't in a long time (concerning the Angels). 

1. When they were down, it didn't feel like a death sentence. I felt like they could come back. 

2. The TEAM won this game. We weren't relying on just Trout to carry them. Rendon had a great play at 3B and a single. Upton had an RBI single and clutch AB. Ohtani got on and stung the ball. Stassi went deep and threw a great runner out. Fletcher got on when it counted, got everything started. Iglesias played amazing D. Trout made a running over the shoulder catch and drove in a key run. Bundy, Slegers, NlMayers and Iglesias all pitched well.

A team victory.

I wrote my post before reading yours @Second Base.  Summed up perfectly as usual.  Exactly.

2 minutes ago, Bronson said:

I now understand why my friend who's a Rays fan was pissed when they traded Slegers to us for peanuts.

Yeah dude. Relief pitching can be frustrating. Big name guys fall off a cliff and you can't depend on them. No name guys comer in and get outs.

Slegers came up BIG for Tampa Bay when it counted. 

Minasian may have bought low on Slegers. We'll see. I'm excited that he's the one they bring in without a lead. That's when you know you have a little depth.