• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021 Major League Baseball (News, Notes & Scores around the League)

Chuck

It is surprising, although maybe he got a taste of life post-baseball last year and liked it. Buster is a surefire Hall of Famer, even though his career is on the short side. 57.6 WAR for a catcher is impressive, especially in only 1371 games. He's 8th all time among catchers and everyone ahead of him has over 500 more games played.

For awhile there, Buster was also the second best player of the Trout era. He's still 2nd behind Trout fro 2012-21 in WAR, and also second best in the 2010s. Three World Series trophies and an MVP...nice career. 

Seeing the connectiong that Perry as with the Braves and what the Braves just did. I would say that process that the Brave took to being contenders, is going to be similar to what perry does. We saw a little bit of it last off-season, Perry didn't go after any big names, didn't even sit down with bauer, instead took a different route. I fully expect, this off-season to one where no one really know what we are doing. 

Will be Re-sign Iglesias? or look for a cheaper option on the Market

How about a big name pitcher?

Cobb? 

Trades? 

28 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

It is surprising, although maybe he got a taste of life post-baseball last year and liked it. Buster is a surefire Hall of Famer, even though his career is on the short side. 57.6 WAR for a catcher is impressive, especially in only 1371 games. He's 8th all time among catchers and everyone ahead of him has over 500 more games played.

For awhile there, Buster was also the second best player of the Trout era. He's still 2nd behind Trout fro 2012-21 in WAR, and also second best in the 2010s. Three World Series trophies and an MVP...nice career. 

I think we've had this exchange before, but note that Baseball Reference's WAR for Posey is drastically different.  They have him at 44.9, which is 16th all-time among catchers, just behind Wally Schang, Thurman Munson, and Gene Tenace, none of whom are in the Hall of Fame.

I think he'll get in, but might take him a couple of years.