• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Spring Training News & Notes Thread

Chuck

5 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

@beatlesrule you're approaching troll level defcon 2 with your Jo Adell takes. 

It would behoove you to pump the brakes a bit on these takes before your posts start getting caught in our BS sifter, Claude Watchlist net.

Here we go again. Not being allowed to have a valid opinion with factual statements because it involves an Almighty Angels player. Whatever, I won't type his name anymore. Heaven forbid I think differently of a player then others here from everything he has shown me so far. Unbelievable.

48 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Adell was supposed to be ready and a starter by now. He is behind what the scouts/Angels thought. ETAs had him at 2020 or 2021. Dude is nowhere near those projections. His age was brought up and I showed why that's not an argument. He has been flat out disappointing so far.

Keep in mind in your opinion if he turns out to have a 15 year career and finishes somewhere around 400 home runs he will be a disappointment, so it’s tough to assume you have a realistic expectation when it comes to Adell.  

8 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Here we go again. Not being allowed to have a valid opinion with factual statements because it involves an Almighty Angels player. Whatever, I won't type his name anymore. Heaven forbid I think differently of a player then others here from everything he has shown me so far. Unbelievable.

That's where you're wrong though. It's not a valid opinion and you've been proven wrong countless times. 

Just tap out dude and move on. 

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Realist-ing as per usual...     

Never mind he missed half a season at 20 because of a leg injury and then this Covid thing happened last year.   "He was supposed to be ready"..  Because, well .. fans say so.

Yes, I am a realist. Being an optimist makes more people like you sure but in my experience, being a realist is better for me. Some examples are back in 2007, a friend of mine was moving and so he offered me a really good deal on his investment duplex in Long Beach. It was valued at $575,000 and he sold it to me for $505,000 I believe it was. Not outright. I had payments. Anyway, I soon learned that I did not have the experience nor time to do what I needed to do in order to keep up with all the paperwork and upkeep and everything else. I was getting 2-3 calls a week with people wanting to buy it. I wanted to sell it. I talked with like 25 people(all older than me) about wanting to sell it. Some were family, some were friends, some were in real estate. ALL told me to keep it and that I had a unique opportunity owning a duplex. They told me I was once again being pessimistic and negative and that owning real estate is a slam dunk and I am worrying too much and need to think more positively. My Dad did tell me to just ask WAY over market price and if someone wants to overpay then do it. No one wanted to pay what I was asking so against my gut feeling, I kept it. 6 months later in 2008, the housing market crashed. I lost the duplex to the bank. I had to go bankrupt. I just recently finally got my credit score back to over 800. Being optimistic and positive screwed me over for a long time.

Another example is about 9 years ago, 10 of my friends all got involved in this Go Chi or something close to that name health drink. They all tried to get me to invest in it because the more people invested, the less money it was for each of them. I explained why I didn't think it was worth the 2 grand investment and all of them called me negative and not trusting in them blah blah blah. 4 months later, all 10 are not doing the health drink anymore and when I bring it up, they just play it off like oh well, sometimes things don't work out. Once in awhile, they still bring it up to me as an example of me not being a team player or going with the crowd/being a realist/pessimist even though they were all wrong and lost 2 grand each.

I have more examples but you get the point. In regards to baseball, being a realist, I couldn't fathom the Angels not trading for a proven MLB early 20's stud Miguel Cabrera for a bunch of unknown players. I have brought that up many times as when I first started to not trust Moreno. I couldn't wrap my head around not doing that trade. As it's been noted, none of the 4 or 5 players rumored to be traded for Cabrera got anywhere close to being the kind of player Cabrera was. Most prospects DO NOT work out and Cabrera was already a legit, stud 3rd baseman and Moreno said no. There are plenty more examples of how being a realist would have helped this team in regards to trades and players. I understand that optimists here are more well liked and most of us know posters that talk up ANY Angels prospect or player like they are Babe Ruth. No one warns them or gets mad when they post. Me being a realist on the other hand, means that I post things like they are in the REAL WORLD and so people tend to not like the truth. The Angels haven't won a playoff game since 2009 and haven't been to the playoffs since 2014 and yet, plenty of people will still come up with every excuse in the book as to why that is instead of just facing the facts that the Angels are not a well organized ballclub with a clueless owner. The facts are all over the place liek the 10 year contract to an out of touch manager to then then rotating manager, pitching coach, batting coach and GM positions to the drug scandals to the sexual harassment scandal etc. Being objective is against the law here apparently.

46 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I don't think anyone was louder about Adell not being close to ready than I was last year BEFORE the season.  And lord knows I was making fun of his defense when he did get call up, but what little we saw of the kid during ST showed a significantly improved approach at the plate.  He will always have a lot of swing in miss to his game -- but he showed the first semblance of plate discipline maybe ever.    If he can continue to milk those walks, lay off balls nowhere near the zone he's got a chance to cash on on his stupid level athleticism.

Again, I was his biggest critic going into last year -- I'm a lot less concerned today than I was then.... Now we have to see if it carries over once the season starts. 

It's the plate discipline that will make or break him.

You are with the "IT" crowd so you can do no wrong.

30 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

That's where you're wrong though. It's not a valid opinion and you've been proven wrong countless times. 

Just tap out dude and move on. 

Wrong where? That he looks clueless in the OF? Over matched at the plate? That he has a -1.4 bWAR in his MLB career so far? My bad, I thought those were facts.

22 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Yes, I am a realist. Being an optimist makes more people like you sure but in my experience, being a realist is better for me. Some examples are back in 2007, a friend of mine was moving and so he offered me a really good deal on his investment duplex in Long Beach. It was valued at $575,000 and he sold it to me for $505,000 I believe it was. Not outright. I had payments. Anyway, I soon learned that I did not have the experience nor time to do what I needed to do in order to keep up with all the paperwork and upkeep and everything else. I was getting 2-3 calls a week with people wanting to buy it. I wanted to sell it. I talked with like 25 people(all older than me) about wanting to sell it. Some were family, some were friends, some were in real estate. ALL told me to keep it and that I had a unique opportunity owning a duplex. They told me I was once again being pessimistic and negative and that owning real estate is a slam dunk and I am worrying too much and need to think more positively. My Dad did tell me to just ask WAY over market price and if someone wants to overpay then do it. No one wanted to pay what I was asking so against my gut feeling, I kept it. 6 months later in 2008, the housing market crashed. I lost the duplex to the bank. I had to go bankrupt. I just recently finally got my credit score back to over 800. Being optimistic and positive screwed me over for a long time.

Another example is 10 of my friends all got involved in this Go Chi or something close to that name health drink. They all tried to get me to invest in it because the more people invested, the less money it was for each of them. I explained why I didn't think it was worth the 2 grand investment and all of them called me negative and not trusting in them blah blah blah. 4 months later, all 10 are not doing the health drink anymore and when I bring it up, they just play it off like oh well, sometimes things don't work out. Once in awhile, they still bring it up to me as an example of me not being a team player or going with the crowd/being a realist/pessimist even though they were all wrong and lost 2 grand each.

I have more examples but you get the point. In regards to baseball, being a realist, I couldn't fathom the Angels not trading for a proven MLB early 20's stud Miguel Cabrera for a bunch of unknown players. I have brought that up many times as when I first started to not trust Moreno. I couldn't wrap my head around not doing that trade. As it's been noted, none of the 4 or 5 players rumored to be traded for Cabrera got anywhere close to being the kind of player Cabrera was. Most prospects DO NOT work out and Cabrera was already a legit, stud 3rd baseman and Moreno said no. There are plenty more examples of how being a realist would have helped this team in regards to trades and players. I understand that optimists here are more well liked and most of us know posters that talk up ANY Angels prospect or player like they are Babe Ruth. No one warns them or gets mad when they post. Me being a realist on the other hand, means that I post things like they are in the REAL WORLD and so people tend to not like the truth. The Angels haven't won a playoff game since 2009 and haven't been to the playoffs since 2014 and yet, plenty of people will still come up with every excuse in the book as to why that is instead of just facing the facts that the Angels are not a well organized ballclub with a clueless owner. The facts are all over the place liek the 10 year contract to an out of touch manager to then then rotating manager, pitching coach, batting coach and GM positions to the drug scandals to the sexual harassment scandal etc. Being objective is against the law here apparently.

Why am I reminded of Billy Madison's retelling of the "The Puppy That Lost His Way?"

22 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

I've disagreed, sometimes loudly with pretty much everyone on this board except @Tank because being nice to Tank is the key to making it to the afterlife. 

Tell you what I've never done, I've never attempted to put myself above others by touting my opinions as being those of a realist or lumped everyone who disagrees with me into a one giant group devoid of original thought.  You do this constantly and it's always hilarious.  You're not special, you're just someone in love with his opinions who thinks they are valid by virtue of you spouting them into existence.

Also, nobody will ever confuse me for someone that thinks the second hand opinions of the guys at MLBTraderumors are of any consequence.  

53 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Another example is about 9 years ago, 10 of my friends all got involved in this Go Chi or something close to that name health drink. They all tried to get me to invest in it because the more people invested, the less money it was for each of them. I explained why I didn't think it was worth the 2 grand investment and all of them called me negative and not trusting in them blah blah blah. 4 months later, all 10 are not doing the health drink anymore and when I bring it up, they just play it off like oh well, sometimes things don't work out. Once in awhile, they still bring it up to me as an example of me not being a team player or going with the crowd/being a realist/pessimist even though they were all wrong and lost 2 grand each.

GIF by FirstAndMonday

55 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

57 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

season 2 kevin GIF by Shameless

11 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

Having a valid opinion is one thing.  Trash talking hyperbole is another.  You can think Adell is a bust

Dont mb ake things up.

1.  Adell was not top 5 prospect for "years".  

2. It was understood that he was going to start in AAA this year.

3. No reason to go nuts  with hyperbole because he was sent down AS EXPECTED!

Edited by stormngt

25 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Having a valid opinion is one thing.  Trash talking hyperbole is another.  You can think Adell is a bust

Dont mb ake things up.

1.  Adell was not top 5 prospect for "years".  

2. It was understood that he was going to start in AAA this year.

3. No reason to go nuts because with hyperbole because he was sent down AS EXPECTED!

https://www.baseballprospectus.com/news/article/46653/2019-prospects-the-top-101/

https://www.baseballprospectus.com/prospects/article/56649/2020-prospects-the-top-101-wander-franco-jo-adell-gavin-lux/

Listed him top 5 2 yearS in a row. Why are you mb aking things up?

9 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

And last f'n year was cancelled because of COVID.   Keep ignoring that  fact.

BTW you are not objective.  An objective person would say his defense sucks but the jury is still out.

End this discussion with me.  You have the right to your opinion.  I have the right your think it's a dumbass opinion.

4 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

Wrong where? That he looks clueless in the OF? Over matched at the plate? That he has a -1.4 bWAR in his MLB career so far? My bad, I thought those were facts.

To be fair though, the offense is progressing.   He simply needs all or part of 2021 in AAA to work on judging fly balls and taking correct routes.

The rest will take care of itself.

Chris Rodriguez was supposed to be ready by now. Bust. 

Brandon Marsh should be up. Bust. 

Detmers was supposed to be “ready” on draft day. Did you see him give up a run? Forget it. Bust.

They say it a prospect isn’t tearing it up in the major leagues by Age 22, forget about it.

I mean Franco has been at the top of this list for 2 years now. HE SHOULD BE READY. The Rays should move on. Gavin Lux? Bust. No future.