• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Spring Training News & Notes Thread

Chuck

10 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Not sure if this was mentioned elsewhere, but this seems rather noteworthy in terms of CRod's future.  If CRod's future isn't seen as a SP, then we could see him as a reliever fairly soon in the big league, IMO.  

That is stupid. Dude has elite Upside, hasn't even had the chance to fully start and is still young while being close to the MLB. let him start and see what he can do. Such a stupid take.

yes, he's had back issue and surgeries but this should chnace the fact he a starter or a reliever.

2 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

That is stupid. Dude has elite Upside, hasn't even had the chance to fully start and is still young while being close to the MLB. let him start and see what he can do. Such a stupid take.

yes, he's had back issue and surgeries but this should chnace the fact he a starter or a reliever.

Most teams aren't willing to shift a talented SP prospect to a relief role unless there's a specific reason.

If they truly make that move with CRod, they have must have significant concerns about his ability to stay healthy or something along those lines.

I mean, C-Rod's stuff is elite enough that he could be a top level reliever. But that's still worth far less than a starter. I'm kinda perplexed why Maddon thinks he profiles long term as a reliever unless there's something we're not privy to health-wise. Certainly I can't see them thinking he won't be a starter just based on stuff. 

3 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

16 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Most teams aren't willing to shift a talented SP prospect to a relief role unless there's a specific reason.

If they truly make that move with CRod, they have must have significant concerns about his ability to stay healthy or something along those lines.

8 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

I mean, C-Rod's stuff is elite enough that he could be a top level reliever. But that's still worth far less than a starter. I'm kinda perplexed why Maddon thinks he profiles long term as a reliever unless there's something we're not privy to health-wise. Certainly I can't see them thinking he won't be a starter just based on stuff. 

Gosh. I wonder why.

Five pro seasons and Rodriguez has 77 innings pitched.

Yeah, pretty obvious he has injury and durability concerns, even if he is healthy. His body couldn’t hold up for a half decade of starting, pretty safe to say there’s legitimate risk going for it now even if he is currently healthy.

Build him up this year and see what 2022 brings if he makes it. 

7 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Gosh. I wonder why.

Five pro seasons and Rodriguez has 77 innings pitched.

Yeah, pretty obvious he has injury and durability concerns, even if he is healthy. His body couldn’t hold up for a half decade of starting, pretty safe to say there’s legitimate risk going for it now even if he is currently healthy.

Build him up this year and see what 2022 brings if he makes it. 

Um, it's in the tweet. Maddon thinks **long term** Rodriguez will be a reliever. That isn't a "he hasn't pitched many innings since being drafted due to fluke injuries" thing. If it was simply a matter of building him up in innings, Maddon wouldn't be saying crap like that. Long term means Maddon doesn't think his career will be as a starter. 

8 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Um, it's in the tweet. Maddon thinks **long term** Rodriguez will be a reliever. That isn't a "he hasn't pitched many innings since being drafted due to fluke injuries" thing. If it was simply a matter of building him up in innings, Maddon wouldn't be saying crap like that. Long term means Maddon doesn't think his career will be as a starter. 

The same article where he says he doesn't think he can't start and that he hasn't seen enough of him?   

Dude basically framed his statement by saying he looks like a RP because he attacks guys and takes it to them....  Gee, maybe because he's been asked to go one inning stints and he's pitching accordingly... 

It's kind of funny to me but, Maddon seems more like the managerial despot people always tried to make MS out to be....  

35 minutes ago, sammyscioscia said:

I'm still upset we couldn't make a big boy attempt at acquiring Snell, he would have put us in really good shape.

We didn't have a pitching prospect at the level of Patino. I thought I remembered they asked for one of Adell and Marsh plus one of our top pitching prospects. 

48 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

We didn't have a pitching prospect at the level of Patino. I thought I remembered they asked for one of Adell and Marsh plus one of our top pitching prospects. 

Yeah we'd probably have to part with one of Adell or Marsh, one of Detmers or Rodriguez and possibly Griffin Canning or two other prospects in our top 10. 

4 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

I'd probably do Adell or Marsh straight up for Snell, but not significantly more. Too many warning signs with him. 

Yep, me too. 

Patino could end up being just as good of a starter than Snell, if not better. Chris Rodriguez, same thing. 

So far I'm pleased with Bundy looking look the 2020 version, Quintana and Cobb reborn and Ohtani looking better than his 2018 debut in terms of an improved arsenal. 

It really sounds like Chris Rodriguez (yeah, I typed his first and last name. ... fight me) ... is destined for the bullpen.  

I'm sure Stephen C Smith has ranked him too low on the Angels prospect list because of it. I already threatened to fight him... allegedly... over Francisco Rodriguez's prospect ranking. Good times.

I'd like to see him develop as a starter... of course... but I think he could make a positive impact in the bullpen immediately. And... with his injury history... and just watching him pitch.  Long term, I dunno.  So, I understand if the Angels roll the dice now.

3 hours ago, ScottT said:

It really sounds like Chris Rodriguez (yeah, I typed his first and last name. ... fight me) ... is destined for the bullpen.  

I'm sure Stephen C Smith has ranked him too low on the Angels prospect list because of it. I already threatened to fight him... allegedly... over Francisco Rodriguez's prospect ranking. Good times.

I'd like to see him develop as a starter... of course... but I think he could make a positive impact in the bullpen immediately. And... with his injury history... and just watching him pitch.  Long term, I dunno.  So, I understand if the Angels roll the dice now.

Fortunately his injury history has nothing to do with his arm.

He could very well end up in the pen; most failed starters with good stuff do. But he's just 22 years old and he's going to be a starting pitcher until he can't be. He has legitimate ace level potential.

He may very well be a reliever this year at some point, however.