• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Spring Training News & Notes Thread

Chuck

18 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

Looks like a really crappy day at the office @Tank.  I’ll be there on Sunday.  Enjoy.

You’ll have fun, Patty. It’s very low key and it’s nice to have a lot of elbow room. 

the weird part about today was the crowd. It was about as quiet as a library. Real weird vibe. 

34 minutes ago, Tank said:

My office this afternoon. 

AAC21196-8A34-4498-B589-A773A64A416F.jpeg

62681409-C6B9-4F08-92BF-C2FD235C2301.jpeg

Mentioned this when we were there but your top pic reminded me of it. Why in the heck at 25% capacity would the team sell those seats above the tunnel? Seats are directly behind the railing and have an obstructed view. Seems crazy that at limited capacity you would sell someone such a seat.

7 minutes ago, James said:

Mentioned this when we were there but your top pic reminded me of it. Why in the heck at 25% capacity would the team sell those seats above the tunnel? Seats are directly behind the railing and have an obstructed view. Seems crazy that at limited capacity you would sell someone such a seat.

I’m having lunch with Arte tomorrow. I’ll share your concern with him and let you know what he says. 

34 minutes ago, Tank said:

You’ll have fun, Patty. It’s very low key and it’s nice to have a lot of elbow room. 

the weird part about today was the crowd. It was about as quiet as a library. Real weird vibe. 

Angel fans. The Cubs fans were loud yesterday.

35 minutes ago, Taylor said:

The wife and I will be at Tempe Diablo for the Angel/Cubs game next Tuesday. Maybe Angel fans will be a little louder.  

I remember when the Angels opened with the Cubs a couple years back.  Their fans were complete tools.  

Edited by PattyD22

45 minutes ago, Taylor said:

10 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

The wife and I will be at Tempe Diablo for the Angel/Cubs game next Tuesday. Maybe Angel fans will be a little louder.  

I remember when the Angels opened with the Cubs a couple years back.  Their fans were complete tools.  

Why is "Cubs" plural and "Angel" singular? 

6 minutes ago, Lou said:

I thought about that as I was making my post. I've always said "Angel fan," but it doesn't make any sense. We're fans of the whole team, not just one player. But I've been saying it that way my whole life that "Angels fans" sounds goofy in my head. "Cubs fan," which I haven't said very often in my life, rolls of the tongue (and keyboard) easier.

5 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I thought about that as I was making my post. I've always said "Angel fan," but it doesn't make any sense. We're fans of the whole team, not just one player. But I've been saying it that way my whole life that "Angels fans" sounds goofy in my head. "Cubs fan," which I haven't said very often in my life, rolls of the tongue (and keyboard) easier.

But it wasn't "Cubs fan" that was said. It was "Cubs fans."

26 minutes ago, Lou said:

Honestly, I don’t know Lou now that you mention it.  I’ve always called it “the Angel game” when people ask me where I’m going.  Just like the guys at work say they are going to “the Dodger game.”

Ive never even noticed I’ve been saying it wrong for 45 years.

Maybe I’m not a real fan?  Now I feel like shit.  Thanks

For those that still have a trip planned to spring training.... at Tempe Diablo they have The Golden Pineapple food truck.   I had a couple sonoran dogs.  Good stuff.  I try to not eat at the ballpark because it's usually not great... and it's usually expensive... but I forked over $14 + tip two days in a row for a dog and chips.   They also have a brick and mortar spot on Mill Ave.  Didn't go there, but it looks cool. Some good beer and cocktails. 

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

There were almost twice as many people in that stadium as Tempe.

Plus, a lot of those people only see the Cubs when they come to Arizona... or are just excited to not see their own breath.

12 hours ago, Taylor said:

I'm not a Taylo fan. 

2 hours ago, mmc said:

So he is effectively guaranteed a bullpen spot.

So the bullpen is, at the minimum (pending health):  Iglesias, Mayers, Buttrey, Pena*, Claudio, Guerra.  Would wager Slegers is making the club.  If Pena is healthy, that leaves one spot, which will go to Barria if no options.  If not, then possibly Rivera?

57 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

So he is effectively guaranteed a bullpen spot.

So the bullpen is, at the minimum (pending health):  Iglesias, Mayers, Buttrey, Pena*, Claudio, Guerra.  Would wager Slegers is making the club.  If Pena is healthy, that leaves one spot, which will go to Barria if no options.  If not, then possibly Rivera?

I wonder if it was in Guerra contract that Angels had to decide by a certain date. 

3 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

I wonder if it was in Guerra contract that Angels had to decide by a certain date. 

Given the timing, I would think so, yes.  Otherwise, the team wouldn't have to decide/commit now.  A lot of veterans have opt-outs like that, where they can get released so they can find a team to stick with.