• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What is the single most impressive play/hit you've seen in person?

m0nkey

Self explanatory thread title and question. Looking for a single hit or play that stands out in your memory, not a game's performance.

Was on youtube and some world baseball classic highlights showed up as the suggested, and remember seeing Giancarlo Stanton's home run against the Dominican Republic in 2017.  Before you could react, that ball already hit the western metal supply building.

I like steroids.  

So when McGwire broke the record.  That was one of those rare baseball moments, where everyone was glued to the TV.  I think I was at Citywalk, and every time he was at bat, people would crowd around whatever tv was available.  He'd hit, then people would go about walking around, then stop again.  

Sunday, April 28th 2002 in the 13th inning David Eckstein hit a walk off grand slam. I was in the Diamond Club for the first time and the Usher just said, he hit a grand slam yesterday, wouldn't be great if he did it again? 

https://www.mlb.com/video/eckstein-s-walk-off-grand-slam-c25716845

36 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Sunday, April 28th 2002 in the 13th inning David Eckstein hit a walk off grand slam. I was in the Diamond Club for the first time and the Usher just said, he hit a grand slam yesterday, wouldn't be great if he did it again? 

https://www.mlb.com/video/eckstein-s-walk-off-grand-slam-c25716845

I was there for his previous game's GS.

2002, Game 4 of the ALDS. The Angels' hit parade in the 5th inning against the Yankees. I think it was 6 hits in a row? I checked the box score and they scored 8 runs that inning. Gnar.

It was a day game. I was sitting with my dad and some other people (maybe my brothers?) in the nosebleeds behind the RF foul pole. I remember Raul Mondesi looking back at the crowd during the hit parade, shaking his head in disbelief, as we pounded on our thunder stix.

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

2002, Game 4 of the ALDS. The Angels' hit parade in the 5th inning against the Yankees. I think it was 6 hits in a row? I checked the box score and they scored 8 runs that inning. Gnar.

It was a day game. I was sitting with my dad and some other people (maybe my brothers?) in the nosebleeds behind the RF foul pole. I remember Raul Mondesi looking back at the crowd during the hit parade, shaking his head in disbelief, as we pounded on our thunder stix.

I was at that game, too, on the third base side with a good friend of mine who's a Yankees fan. He was not happy. Ha.

Torii Hunter's walk off grand slam on April 7, 2008 vs the Indians ranks pretty high on my list.  It was just his 8th game with the Angels. It was an amazing night.

I was at Yankee Stadium for the All-Star game and I also attended the homerun derby where Josh Hamilton put on an awesome display.  It obviously wasn't an actual game, but it was impressive just the same.

I was also at Game 7 in 2002.  The funny thing about that game is that it's kind of a blur.  It was so loud and so surreal that I'm fuzzy on the details all these years later.  It was my first and only WS game.

Adam Kennedy's 3 homeruns in the ALCS is also pretty high on my list. It was the only game of the series I went to.

The only other time I saw someone hit 3 homeruns in one game was on June 1, 1990 at Candlestick Park. Glenn Davis of the Astros put on quite a show.

Some homeruns stick out in my memory for the novelty of it all... I was there when Billy Butler hit his first career homerun in Anaheim. I was also there for Mike Moustakes' first career HR which also was in Anaheim.  I also remember Terry Evans hitting a homerun in his second game at the major league level.  He never hit another one in his 13 PA's that year (2007).

los angeles dodgers baseball GIF
wife and I were sitting down the third base line in the reserved section. Remember all those times as a kid pretending in your backyard where you hit a grand slam in the bottom of the ninth of game 7 to win the series? This was about a million times more exciting.

My dad claimed we were at Koufax’s perfect game in ‘65 but I can’t really verify it. I was nay five and don’t remember that specific moment.

7 minutes ago, Tank said:

los angeles dodgers baseball GIF
wife and I were sitting down the third base line in the reserved section. Remember all those times as a kid pretending in your backyard where you hit a grand slam in the bottom of the ninth of game 7 to win the series? This was about a million times more exciting.

My dad claimed we were at Koufax’s perfect game in ‘65 but I can’t really verify it. I was nay five and don’t remember that specific moment.

My family remembers this game because they were Dodger fans back then (gross). They were at Disney World watching the game on TV. My older brother was 6 at the time, and he was jumping on the bed celebrating the home run.

My mom was pregnant at the time. I was a fetus.

2 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

I saw Glenn Allen hill hit a bomb extremely high into the rocks.  I think he was on the Yankees then.  

I wasnt there, but watching live on tv, the one he hit on to the roof of the buildings outside of wrigley... that was nuts

Watched kerry woods 20K game live, too

Memories coming back now. Same job at a sports bar for all these. Also saw tatis hit his 2 grand slams off chan ho the same inning while working there.

Edited by ten ocho recon scout