• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What is the single most impressive play/hit you've seen in person?

m0nkey

I was at the Dave Henderson game so........

Aside from that, a vivid memory for me was sitting in the DC.  Sexton at the plate and he was the winning run.  He crushes a ball that I was sure a HR.  The sound off the bat gave it away.  Torii ranges back in CF, leaps, and makes a game saving, hr robbing catch in CF.  

Giants @ Dbacks on 8/30/03

It was Bonds first game back after his father died, and he homered in his 2nd AB. He was so overwhelmed they removed him from the game shortly after. The guy's a total dickhead, but he was obviously very close with his old man and you couldn't help but root for him in that moment.

3 minutes ago, meat said:

Giants @ Dbacks on 8/30/03

It was Bonds first game back after his father died, and he homered in his 2nd AB. He was so overwhelmed they removed him from the game shortly after. The guy's a total dickhead, but he was obviously very close with his old man and you couldn't help but root for him in that moment.

I think we all hate bonds. But we all should still acknowledge how great he was, too.

I caught some BP before game 7. And everyone in the stands was just kind of in awe. 

That one he hit in game 2 was like every swing in BP.

1 hour ago, ScottSted said:

Don't know the exact date but I think April 2006. First game at Angel Stadium where Doug Eddings was an umpire after...... the incident. The PA announced Eddings as an umpire and the entire crowd chanted. "YOU SUCK, YOU SUCK, YOU SUCK." I was 10. I was in heaven. 

Sounds like WWE fans were there in force.

A337FD14-1D02-4270-ADDC-CA25F56C362D.png

Edited by Angel Oracle

2 hours ago, McTheKnife said:

1985 Orioles/Angels. Eddie Murray had 3 HR's & 9 RBI's in the 1st 5 innings. Hit one to the CF warning track in the 7th &  just missed his 4th of the game. Fans were chanting Eddie, Eddie. That had to piss off Reggie.

Not sure whats a worse memory as an angel fan.

You, seeing him murder the angels. Or me, seeing him as an angel, and played like hed already been murdered.

Man those years sucked. Always signing old dudes.

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Seriously what the fuck is this organization.

That Kendrys shit, Kotchman getting hit in the head and getting mono, Adenhart, Skaggs. I'm forgetting plenty of other weird shit but what the actual hell. I mean come on. 

Fuck.

a super killer for me was Richards tearing his quad/patella in boston 2014.  He was just amazing that year.  

20 hours ago, Lou said:

No sure what game it was (G3?), but my brother and I moved over from our seats behind the 3rd base dugout to right behind home plate to watch Frankie's pitches against the Yankees in the 2002 ALDS. He was incredible.

Not before or since have i witnessed a pitcher make major league hitters look so ridiculous. We were literally laughing.

He looked like this for a while. Man, that was so dang fun!