• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What is the single most impressive play/hit you've seen in person?

m0nkey

14 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I wasnt there, but watching live on tv, the one he hit on to the roof of the buildings outside of wrigley... that was nuts

Watched kerry woods 20K game live, too

Memories coming back now. Same job at a sports bar for all these. Also saw tatis hit his 2 grand slams off chan ho the same inning while working there.

My Dodgers fan coworker was just telling me how he witnessed that one in person. Must’ve been a sight to see

Edited by failos

3 minutes ago, failos said:

My Dodgers fan coworker was just telling me how he witnessed that one live. Must’ve been a sight to see

Yeah, i was working as a barback at a sports bar. The inning kept going and going. Once tatis came back up, everything kind of paused. Whole bar. Went nuts when it happened.

Edited by ten ocho recon scout

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

Sunday, April 28th 2002 in the 13th inning David Eckstein hit a walk off grand slam. I was in the Diamond Club for the first time and the Usher just said, he hit a grand slam yesterday, wouldn't be great if he did it again? 

https://www.mlb.com/video/eckstein-s-walk-off-grand-slam-c25716845

I remember that game

No sure what game it was (G3?), but my brother and I moved over from our seats behind the 3rd base dugout to right behind home plate to watch Frankie's pitches against the Yankees in the 2002 ALDS. He was incredible.

Not before or since have i witnessed a pitcher make major league hitters look so ridiculous. We were literally laughing.

8 hours ago, wopphil said:

I was at a freeway series game when someone on the Dodgers hit a foul ball out of Angel stadium. If I recall correctly, it was a curve ball that he was way, way out in front of. He pulled it, and it went out of the stadium on the third base side. 

I was there. It was Olmedo Sáenz.  I saw Mike Moustakes do that too.

Edited by T.G.

The most impressive singular play I can remember seeing in person was that Bonds homer in the World Series.  I went to most of the games that year, And like @T.G. said game 7 was a blur, after being at the comeback in game 6 it truly felt like game 7 was in the bag. My favorite game of that post season was game 3, the first home game against the Yankees.  When we kept fighting back in that game you kinda knew we had a chance to go far that post season. 

Just now, Stradling said:

Figgins going 6 for 6.  Anderson’s 10 RBI game. 
Winning the first game back after Adenharts passing.  
No hitter after Skaggs passing. 

GA's 10 RBI game was on my birthday and against the Yankees--and I was at that game, too, with my good friend who's a Yankees fan. He eventually stopped going to games with me. Ha ha.

6 hours ago, Lou said:

No sure what game it was (G3?), but my brother and I moved over from our seats behind the 3rd base dugout to right behind home plate to watch Frankie's pitches against the Yankees in the 2002 ALDS. He was incredible.

Not before or since have i witnessed a pitcher make major league hitters look so ridiculous. We were literally laughing.

I went to the first game after they clinched the 2002 WC spot.

I remember to this day telling a friend at the game “That is the Yankees worst nightmare.”, when K-Rod appeared in relief and proceded to K almost every M’s batter he faced.

During the 1997 remodel with the OF grandstands removed, Ken Griffey hit a ball center which seemed to clear the construction and leave the stadium but I never heard or read any confirmation of what I thought I saw. 

Last summer we were golfing with my friend who used to share our piece of season tickets and his now 33 year old son. In the middle of the round we got to talking old games we saw and the son innocently and out of the blue asked if Ken Griffey actually did clear the park that day. He was 10 when it happened and like me still wondered if our eyes deceived us that day.