• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What is the single most impressive play/hit you've seen in person?

m0nkey

15 hours ago, Lou said:

Not exactly sure, but I think it was a game in 2018. We were up by 4 runs and Cam Bedrosian came in and didn't walk the leadoff batter. 

I'm pretty sure I still have the ticket stub somewhere.

15 hours ago, m0nkey said:

Self explanatory thread title and question. Looking for a single hit or play that stands out in your memory, not a game's performance.

Was on youtube and some world baseball classic highlights showed up as the suggested, and remember seeing Giancarlo Stanton's home run against the Dominican Republic in 2017.  Before you could react, that ball already hit the western metal supply building.

NO lies now sir.

2 hours ago, halonatic13 said:

I believe he was on the Angels when he hit that into the rocks.  Farthest homerun I've ever seen hit dead center at the Big A.

We were there together yes? You might right he might have been an angel.

I remember quite a few games with you.

Vaughn with a walk off grand slam on a 3-0 count

Orlando Palmeiro with a walk-off bases loaded walk against the Dodgers

GA with a walk off bomb off Sasaki 

Of course WS Game 6

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

watch this 

I remember watching this game with some of my buddies, all of whom are Dodgers and Angels fans (probably bigger Dog fans).  Bonds comes up and I say "I wouldn't pitch to him, just put him on".  They all thought Gagne was the shit and said "Nah".  That dude was in another stratosphere.  Roids or no, I loved watching that guy hit.

Was at the Big A in 85? to see Detroit in town.  Kirk Gibson hit a laser to straight center off Kirk McCaskill (I think it was his first ever start, just brought up) that didn't seem like it got over 15 feet off the ground.  I got the feeling that day that Gibson might one day do something magical.

9 minutes ago, HaloMilliVanilli said:

I remember watching this game with some of my buddies, all of whom are Dodgers and Angels fans (probably bigger Dog fans).  Bonds comes up and I say "I wouldn't pitch to him, just put him on".  They all thought Gagne was the shit and said "Nah".  That dude was in another stratosphere.  Roids or no, I loved watching that guy hit.

I just got contact results of steroids by watching that

1 hour ago, Mark PT said:

Sept 17, 1993 Nolan Ryan's return to Anaheim with the Rangers. Nolan Pitches in front of a sold out crowd of 60k, strike out the final batter and exits to a standing ovation. Angels won 2-1.

I was at that game too, epic pitching (1 run in 7 innings).   People were yelling F U Bavasi!

13 hours ago, wopphil said:

I was at a freeway series game when someone on the Dodgers hit a foul ball out of Angel stadium. If I recall correctly, it was a curve ball that he was way, way out in front of. He pulled it, and it went out of the stadium on the third base side. 

I remember Todd Greene doing that once.

1 hour ago, HaloMilliVanilli said:

How was that third pitch not strike 3?

14 hours ago, Blarg said:

Sunday, April 28th 2002 in the 13th inning David Eckstein hit a walk off grand slam. I was in the Diamond Club for the first time and the Usher just said, he hit a grand slam yesterday, wouldn't be great if he did it again? 

https://www.mlb.com/video/eckstein-s-walk-off-grand-slam-c25716845

I have a really stark memory of this one as well. I was with my grandfather at his house and, as I remember it, I was pointing on the TV to where in the stands Eckstein hit the grand slam the day before and then he hit it to the same spot again. My grandpa passed weeks after the World Series. One of my only memories with him. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

I saw Brandon Wood play once when he was with the Quakes. That dude had three very hard hit doubles and a mammoth home run in the game I saw. 

That reminds me. When I was in HS, my buddy and I went to watch the Quakes for Kendry Morales' first game there. He launched a HR to right field in his first AB.

24 minutes ago, Taylor said:

That reminds me. When I was in HS, my buddy and I went to watch the Quakes for Kendry Morales' first game there. He launched a HR to right field in his first AB.

I was there. 

iirc, that wasn't until about a month into the season because he had trouble getting into the country.

51 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I wasn't at that one, but went to one shortly after that.  He played 3B!!