• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels acquire Aaron Slegers from the Rays for a PTBNL or cash considerations (DFA Dillion Peters)

mmc

A pretty good read on how important Slegers was in the Rays series win over the Astros in the ALCS

https://www.draysbay.com/2020/10/16/21519326/aaron-slegers-saved-the-rays-bullpen-across-two-close-losses

It sounds like he would have been a lot more valuable (even though Rays fans love him) if not for how stacked their bullpen was.

@Erstad Gritin videos I've seen he's sitting low 90's with a slider at 86 as well.

Edited by rafibomb

48 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

I'm confused. He's called "soft tossing" by MLB rumors but  has a 87mph change-up? Usually soft tossers fastballs sit around 88. 

Noticed that too.  Looking at Fangraphs velo chart, his FB is right around 91-93.

MLBTR is run by a bunch of 16 year olds who have only been watching baseball for a few years and think 91-93 is soft.

45 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

get the feeling that Minasian is in 'tidy up' mode.  Ohtani extension, this guy.  My guess is well see a couple more minor league moves.  

Bundy extension coming soon?  

This is a little more then tidy up mode. This guy is gonna really give our bullpen some much needed depth.

This might be the best signing of the offseason so far. 

1 hour ago, rafibomb said:

A pretty good read on how important Slegers was in the Rays series win over the Astros in the ALCS

https://www.draysbay.com/2020/10/16/21519326/aaron-slegers-saved-the-rays-bullpen-across-two-close-losses

It sounds like he would have been a lot more valuable (even though Rays fans love him) if not for how stacked their bullpen was.

@Erstad Gritin videos I've seen he's sitting low 90's with a slider at 86 as well.

Any time you can work “flummoxed” and his nickname “The Slegend” into an article, even AW can smile...

47 minutes ago, aznhockeyguy said:

Small sample size, I don't see much downside to this move.  If he ends up sucking, release him, but he'll probably be a solid piece.  I don't know why the Rays traded him.

Before last year, he had unremarkable numbers in the minors and his brief stints in the majors. They may just not have really seen a spot for him this year and questioned if he'd be able to replicate his 2020. But, yeah, not much downside for the Angels.

Edited by jsnpritchett