• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels fire Mickey Callaway, placed on MLB Ineligible List through 2022

rafibomb

Also, FWIW there are a few (from what I can tell) unemployed pitching/bullpen coaches that worked for either Minasian or Maddon besides Mike Butcher:

Carlos Hernandez- Braves Pitching Coach in 2018 with Minasian.

Marty Reed- Braves Bullpen Coach from 2018 to 2020 with Minasian.

Lester Strode- Cubs Bullpen Coach from 2015-2019 with Maddon.

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

Weird timing indeed, who knows. But aside from Callaway's incident The Athletic has definitely become this way over the past year or so. 

The Callaway story on The Athletic isn't "gossip."  It's a researched and reported story with multiple sources. 

Also, there appears to be a Molly Knight article about Bauer's press conference that I can't access since I don't subscribe (and I haven't seen a detailed summary), so that could be what he's referring to.

53 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

The Callaway story on The Athletic isn't "gossip."  It's a researched and reported story with multiple sources. 

Also, there appears to be a Molly Knight article about Bauer's press conference that I can't access since I don't subscribe (and I haven't seen a detailed summary), so that could be what he's referring to.

Lol here we go again 

5 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Weird timing indeed, who knows. But aside from Callaway's incident The Athletic has definitely become this way over the past year or so. 

I mean it's pretty clear what Bauer is referencing with that tweet- and it isn't the Callaway incident. It's the (at least) two articles written in the past day by The Athletic that questions his internet behavior.

6 hours ago, Trendon said:

I mean it's pretty clear what Bauer is referencing with that tweet- and it isn't the Callaway incident. It's the (at least) two articles written in the past day by The Athletic that questions his internet behavior.

Roger that.

I don't read her garbage articles and I muted her on Twitter long ago. So I didn't see it.

Speaking of Bauer, the L.A. Times are pulling no punches:

Column: Do allegations of harassment, bullying make Trevor Bauer a risk for Dodgers?

https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/story/2021-02-12/trevor-bauer-reputation-harassment-women-dodgers-signing

Segments of their fan base are uncomfortable they signed an internet bully with a history of allegations that he harassed women, mocked transgender people and spread conspiracy theories, but the Dodgers didn’t view any of that as a reason to pass on an opportunity to show the world how smart they are.

17 hours ago, Blarg said:

I really look forward to Bauer getting his ass handed to him this season. Then get suspended for a twitter tirade.

I would have liked to have Bauer the pitcher, but it looks like narcissistic trolling is Bauer's main focus.  Hope he sucks.....however, knowing the Dodgers, if Bauer sucks, they would be able to find a team to take him and his salary in return for some high prospects that later develop into stars.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Speaking of Bauer, the L.A. Times are pulling no punches:

Column: Do allegations of harassment, bullying make Trevor Bauer a risk for Dodgers?

https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/story/2021-02-12/trevor-bauer-reputation-harassment-women-dodgers-signing

Segments of their fan base are uncomfortable they signed an internet bully with a history of allegations that he harassed women, mocked transgender people and spread conspiracy theories, but the Dodgers didn’t view any of that as a reason to pass on an opportunity to show the world how smart they are.

None of which addressed how LGBTQ fans might feel about their favorite team employing a player who posted on his Twitter account multiple times, “I identify as a 12 year old.”

WTF? I'm sorry but I can't see the correlation between Bauer admitting he is immature and the LGBTQ community. It's as if the author is reaching for something not there, has no attributions or examples to tie the two together and worse, there is no editorial over at the LA Times that says, take this out it is an unfounded statement. 

Back to Callaway. It appears there is some sort of negotiating going on instead of outright firing him. Maybe the accusations aren't panning out as originally reported. Maybe there are inconsistencies that can't be resolved. Whatever the case this has gone on too long to have been considered a slam dunk HR case. This really does need a resolution before Spring Training starts. 

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Back to Callaway. It appears there is some sort of negotiating going on instead of outright firing him. Maybe the accusations aren't panning out as originally reported. Maybe there are inconsistencies that can't be resolved. Whatever the case this has gone on too long to have been considered a slam dunk HR case. This really does need a resolution before Spring Training starts. 

There is? Have you seen that said somewhere, is that via a source, or is that your own thought?

5 hours ago, Blarg said:

None of which addressed how LGBTQ fans might feel about their favorite team employing a player who posted on his Twitter account multiple times, “I identify as a 12 year old.”

WTF? I'm sorry but I can't see the correlation between Bauer admitting he is immature and the LGBTQ community. It's as if the author is reaching for something not there, has no attributions or examples to tie the two together and worse, there is no editorial over at the LA Times that says, take this out it is an unfounded statement. 

I think he's making fun of the people who cosplay as different uh, "genders" and not the actual LGBTQ community. 

"I identify as an attack helicopter" is another good one.