• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels fire Mickey Callaway, placed on MLB Ineligible List through 2022

rafibomb

1 hour ago, calscuf said:

Hubs has aspergers, too.

Lmao. Fack off. I think they need to do an investigation but it doesn’t look good for him. However, I’m tired of seeing this. Most of my attractive single or even married female friends deal With this shit incessantly on social media or via text. 

One of my friends was harassed while working in sports, and she’s blackballed from working in them because of it. And the guy that pursued her is a public figure, was her superior and her response was trying to just placate, but be funny, without causing a scene, which is what we too often see. 

I think it’s fine to ask a woman for a date, but if she doesn’t respond or turns you down.....No means fucking no. That’s the problem with both my friends situation and with Callaway. Incessantly texting even when there was not a response or a negative one. 

21 hours ago, Stradling said:

Probably due to the fact 5 or so women are coming forward about harassing texts.   These women were tied to his job. Those little details. 

And you know the women  thr expressly told him the material was offensive.  No possibility of miscommunication.

You know for a fact that everyone who sees those comments on Angel Board find them humerous?

Just now, stormngt said:

And you know the women  thr expressly told him the material was offensive.  No possibility of miscommunication.

You know for a fact that everyone who sees those comments on Angel Board find them humerous?

Yawn.  If there is a possibility of miscommunication it would the from the dude continuing to send message after message after message with no response or a negative response back.  

This message board isn’t a condition of employment.  If I post something here that harasses you, it doesn’t mean you might lose your job or career if you report it to Chuck.  It will have no bearing on your ability to make a living.  If they say no to his request he very easily could have harmed their livelihood.  

Look he absolutely deserves this to be investigated and it will be.  I hope to hell he is innocent.  What are the odds of that, pretty slim.  If the women are found to be lying, I would be in favor of them going to jail for ruining his life.  But if I had to bet on whether or not he did this, my money would be on him having done it.  

12 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Lmao. Fack off. I think they need to do an investigation but it doesn’t look good for him. However, I’m tired of seeing this. Most of my attractive single or even married female friends deal With this shit incessantly on social media or via text. 

One of my friends was harassed while working in sports, and she’s blackballed from working in them because of it. And the guy that pursued her is a public figure, was her superior and her response was trying to just placate, but be funny, without causing a scene, which is what we too often see. 

I think it’s fine to ask a woman for a date, but if she doesn’t respond or turns you down.....No means fucking no. That’s the problem with both my friends situation and with Callaway. Incessantly texting even when there was not a response or a negative one. 

Bingo! It’s really not hard to tell if a woman isn’t interested. If you continue to pursue then either you’re completely oblivious to social cues or just a scumbag. There is no blurred line. It’s very black and white 

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yawn.  If there is a possibility of miscommunication it would the from the dude continuing to send message after message after message with no response or a negative response back.  

This message board isn’t a condition of employment.  If I post something here that harasses you, it doesn’t mean you might lose your job or career if you report it to Chuck.  It will have no bearing on your ability to make a living.  If they say no to his request he very easily could have harmed their livelihood.  

Look he absolutely deserves this to be investigated and it will be.  I hope to hell he is innocent.  What are the odds of that, pretty slim.  If the women are found to be lying, I would be in favor of them going to jail for ruining his life.  But if I had to bet on whether or not he did this, my money would be on him having done it.  

This is a very good post, Strad--and it raised a question in my mind: I wonder how many of the people who are posting the batshit crazy stuff in this thread have been in management positions, had direct reports, etc.?  If any of them have been, they have apparently received no training on harassment, or haven't learned anything from it if they did. 

9 minutes ago, calscuf said:

As I assume most of you are virgins, I can understand why you think this is a black and white thing.  Those of us who have actually talked to women know there are many shades of gray.  Hell most romance movies involve behavior that you fellas would throw the protagonist in prison for.

Yeah but in romance movies the protagonist is good-looking so he gets away with it.

17 minutes ago, calscuf said:

As I assume most of you are virgins, I can understand why you think this is a black and white thing.  Those of us who have actually talked to women know there are many shades of gray.  Hell most romance movies involve behavior that you fellas would throw the protagonist in prison for.

Funny...my wife and kids beg to differ. You’re just making excuses for poor behavior. That’s on you buddy.