• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels fire Mickey Callaway, placed on MLB Ineligible List through 2022

rafibomb

Just now, failos said:

Well it's a smear campaign

Again, what are you talking about?  The Jared Porter story first broke 2 weeks ago. Cohen fired him immediately.  And as far as I know, the rumors about Callaway first popped up publicly over the weekend, before the Athletic's story yesterday.  So are you now claiming that Cohen is trying to "smear" Moreno for his "no" vote on Cohen by somehow leading people to the Callaway stuff?  Or to draw attention away from Porter?  Legitimately confused, and think you're just talking tinfoil-hat-craziness at this point.  All this does is actually focus MORE attention on the Mets, given that they also hired Callaway.

2 minutes ago, ScottT said:

It's amazing how quickly some need for people to be fired in such instances.  Maybe storming the Big A offices with pitchforks will speed up the process.

silly boy.

pitchforks only work correctly if accompanied by torches, which you neglected to mention.

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

Again, what are you talking about?  The Jared Porter story first broke 2 weeks ago. Cohen fired him immediately.  And as far as I know, the rumors about Callaway first popped up publicly over the weekend, before the Athletic's story yesterday.  So are you now claiming that Cohen is trying to "smear" Moreno for his "no" vote on Cohen by somehow leading people to the Callaway stuff?  Or to draw attention away from Porter?  Legitimately confused, and think you're just talking tinfoil-hat-craziness at this point.  All this does is actually focus MORE attention on the Mets, given that they also hired Callaway.

you're the one who brought up Porter not me. We talking bout Callaway, breh.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but why is this called sexual assault when not a single victim was assaulted? In fact, every victim never reported it to their bosses but instead gossiped to a reporter. 

I can see sexual harassment, but I see no reason why people are calling this assault when not a single woman was forced to have sex with him or even deal with him at all. 

I'm not saying it's BS, I'm saying that there's something that isn't adding up here, and that the Angels are absolutely right to investigate this before making any kind of decision.

Edited by Second Base

4 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Maybe I'm mistaken, but why is this called sexual assault when not a single victim was assaulted? In fact, every victim never reported it to their noses but instead gossiped to a reporter. 

I can see sexual harassment, but I see no reason why people are calling this assault when not a single woman was forced to have sex with him or even deal with him at all. 

I'm not saying it's BS, I'm saying that there's something that isn't adding up here, and that the Angels are absolutely right to investigate this before making any kind of decision.

I've only seen one person in this thread refer to it as assault.  It's not: it's harassment.

EDIT: ...though I pretty much disagree with everything you said in the post about this not adding up, etc.

Edited by jsnpritchett

7 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Right--and I brought up that to say that it's sort of crazy to claim that this is a smear campaign.  You didn't address that at all; you just repeated that it's a smear campaign with zero evidence.

Smear campaigns only work on the gullible/naive like yourself.

26 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

He actually took two days after it broke to fire him. And people complained it was too slow. I say do your investigation, call him to get his side of the allegations, and then if it’s warranted as it seems to be, then fire him. I also say, that this is not acceptable behavior, but some of it seemed like flirting, inappropriately flirting but didn’t rise to harassment, until I read the part about him peacocking a reporter, that uncalled for and he should be fired if it’s true.

12 minutes ago, Hubs said:

He actually took two days after it broke to fire him. And people complained it was too slow. I say do your investigation, call him to get his side of the allegations, and then if it’s warranted as it seems to be, then fire him. I also say, that this is not acceptable behavior, but some of it seemed like flirting, inappropriately flirting but didn’t rise to harassment, until I read the part about him peacocking a reporter, that uncalled for and he should be fired if it’s true.

The ESPN story went live on the evening of Jan. 18. 

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/30737248/ny-mets-gm-jared-porter-acknowledges-sending-explicit-images-female-reporter-worked-chicago-cubs

The Mets fired him the morning of the 19th. 

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/30741273/new-york-mets-fire-gm-jared-porter-wake-report-sent-explicit-texts-images

EDIT: Also, yes, I was technically incorrect to use the word "immediately" to describe the Mets' firing of Porter.  How about, "as soon as reasonably possible?"  Point is, they didn't really wait.  The evidence was clear, they reviewed the evidence overnight, and fired him first thing the next morning.  Assuming the evidence in the Callaway situation is similarly readily available and clear, I expect he'll be let go very soon, as well.

Edited by jsnpritchett

3 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Im too lazy to research myself. Can anyone give me the cliffs notes on what exactly calloway did?

I saw the sleep naked text. Was that the main thing or is there more to it?

Here's a summary of it that doesn't require a subscription to The Athletic:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/02/angels-pitching-coach-mickey-callaway-accused-of-lewd-behavior.html