• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels fire Mickey Callaway, placed on MLB Ineligible List through 2022

rafibomb

It seems that there's a he'll of a lot of circumstantial evidence of his jerky behavior over time. But in the era of social media it's surprising he has been getting hired over and over without anything surfacing till now. And it's the Angels left having to deal with the fallout.

In the past all sorts of weird, lewd stuff was going on, but the media protected the players for the most part. The true story behind the movie the Natural is an example. The book Ball Four by Jim Bouton also gives examples of some of sleazy things that go on. 

So either Callaway gets fired, suspended or remains as before. Firing is the easy out. But is he so valuable to the organization that he ends up suspended and obligated to undergo therapy and counselling? Whatever happens his reputation is wrecked. 

P_20201222_145822_vHDR_Auto_1.jpg

30 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Yeah, anyone affiliated with the astros are the last ones who should be commenting on this matter.

I agree that people who have proven to lack an ethical compass shouldn't speak authoritatively on societal topics.

11 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Tough blow for all the sanctimonious babies on twitter trying to chastise the Angels for not just simply firing him already

He may not be immediately fired but he could be placed on some type of administrative leave until everything is figured out.  The best strategy for both the Angels and Callaway would be for Callaway to voluntarily leave the Angels so he would not be a distraction to the team.  I am having a tough time understanding how Callaway stays employed with the Angels.  I am having an easier time imagining Callaway voluntarily leaving and trying to reestablish his reputation for a future MLB job.

Everything would have been better if he just cheated on baseball.

Dimmed Halo
2:57
They should have fired Callaway.

Steve Adams
2:58
I'd imagine that's the result here, but Mike DiGiovanna of the L.A. Times made this point:

Mike DiGiovanna  @MikeDiGiovanna
14m
I fully expect Mickey Callaway to be fired as #Angels pitching coach, and probably very soon, but team needs to conduct investigation and go through proper employment channels/due process before making move. Remember, they were recently sued by a former clubhouse manager.

Just now, ScottT said:

No, dipshit, I'm not.  They aren't hard to find.

It seems as if there are two camps. The pitchfork and torches crew who will burn down the Big A if the Angels don't fire Callaway right naow, and the sexist dudebros who wish they could text and say whatever they want to women without consequence.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

It seems as if there are two camps. The pitchfork and torches crew who will burn down the Big A if the Angels don't fire Callaway right naow, and the sexist dudebros who wish they could text and say whatever they want to women without consequence.

Which camp are you in?

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Third group, the Angels must follow MLB protocols in HR disputes.

25 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Tough blow for all the sanctimonious babies on twitter trying to chastise the Angels for not just simply firing him already

Yep, this thread is nuts. Twitter is loaded with some angry woke cancel culturing Karen's out there, especially writers from The Athletic (Fabian being one of them).

FTR, I think Mickey Callaway will be & should be fired based on the evidence, but the Angels like every team & business have to do due diligence first. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 1.14.45 PM.png

5 minutes ago, Taylor said:

For crying out loud Taylor, this oversimplification thing you have going on is what makes you so damn annoying. You're not that dumb.

3 minutes ago, ScottT said:

If I block someone I don't follow on Twitter, does that block me from seeing others' likes of their posts?   One of those tweeters in Chuck's post is incredibly annoying.

You're probably referring to this thing, no?

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 1.27.00 PM.png

13 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I don't think there's anyone here that's in the latter camp in terms of sending vile words & images to women, @Taylor.