• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels fire Mickey Callaway, placed on MLB Ineligible List through 2022

rafibomb

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

Maybe I'm mistaken, but why is this called sexual assault when not a single victim was assaulted? In fact, every victim never reported it to their bosses but instead gossiped to a reporter. 

I can see sexual harassment, but I see no reason why people are calling this assault when not a single woman was forced to have sex with him or even deal with him at all. 

I'm not saying it's BS, I'm saying that there's something that isn't adding up here, and that the Angels are absolutely right to investigate this before making any kind of decision.

Everything I'm reading is saying sexual misconduct or harassment. 

https://www.latimes.com/sports/angels/story/2021-02-02/commentary-angels-must-fire-mickey-callaway-report-details-lewd-behavior

"MLB has promised to consider instituting a third-party confidential hotline so that violations can be reported, according to C. Trent Rosecrans, president of the Baseball Writers Assn. of America. That would be a good step, but only a first step, in making women feel comfortable enough in speaking up so that the next generation of Aldersons and Maddons cannot claim to be surprised.

“This is not just a sudden series of one off stories,” former Houston Astros executive Kevin Goldstein tweeted Monday night. “The baseball industry has an INSTITUTIONAL problem with how it sees and treats women.”

Sports reflects society, and perhaps the saddest part of Monday’s news was the reaction of some fans on social media. It is no secret that there is no love lost between Callaway and top free agent pitcher Trevor Bauer. However, those fans who expressed no concern for the affected women but enthusiasm that Callaway’s probable departure could open the door for Bauer to sign with the Angels reminded us that we all have a long way to go."

Also is he really that amazing of a pitching coach people say he is? Yeah he was maybe key to help Bundy turn it around but we have had 3 promising young starters who have shown the stuff to be at the very least middle-of-the-rotation starters in Canning, Sandoval and Suarez but not one has been able to take the step forward despite the opportunities. You can even argue that Canning might have taken a tiny step back this season compared to his rookie year under Callaway.

2 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

“This is not just a sudden series of one off stories,” former Houston Astros executive Kevin Goldstein tweeted Monday night. “The baseball industry has an INSTITUTIONAL problem with how it sees and treats women.”

This paragon of institutional ethics is looking for work.

Couldn't any player/manager/staff be ousted by any group of women then, based on word of mouth? Where are the checks and balances? Is there any physical evidence already out there? These could be schemes that other teams pay women to lie and get someone fired, slippery slope is all I'm saying.

2 minutes ago, Stradler said:

Couldn't any player/manager/staff be ousted by any group of women then, based on word of mouth? Where are the checks and balances? Is there any physical evidence already out there? These could be schemes that other teams pay women to lie and get someone fired, slippery slope is all I'm saying.

So what you're saying is the main problem isn't men in baseball harassing the everlovin' shit out of women just trying to do their job.

The problem is the mass conspiracy to oust good people like Mickey Calloway and Jared Portner.  YOU NAILED IT!!!!

Nailed It' Baking Show on Netflix | Tasting Table

2 minutes ago, Stradler said:

What if this was a scheme Bauer is making to get Callaway fired so he can comfortably play for us?  I know, crazy theory but what IF?

Seriously, STFU with this absolutely batshit crazy, QAnon-type shit.  Do you realize how silly you sound?

As for evidence, there are multiple texts, in addition to direct testimony from the people he sent the texts to/made phone calls to, plus apparently confirmation from another half dozen or so women who were told about these incidents shortly after they occurred.